Last Four Days of Detecting 12/24 thru 12/27 Pulled a few Keepers

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On Thursday I went back to the area I pulled the Peace Dollar and then went to Jim's house. I only dug 3 wheats (1941, 47D, & 58D), a little over $2 in clad and a cool token.

Token Obverse

Shoe Token Obverse.jpg

Token Reverse

Shoe Token Reverse.jpg

All 12/24 Finds

20151224_164908.jpg

On Friday, I got out to a house that has had much remodeling over the years. The house was built in the early 1900s. There has been a lot of fill dirt, and sand in the back yard. I did a grid and dug an old local trade token, the body of an old Porsche Tootsie Toy and a few other items. I then went to the local state park and dug some clad.

Token Obverse.

A.C.McClellan Token Obverse.jpg

Token Reverse.

A.C.McClellan Token Reverse.jpg

All 12/25 Finds

20151225_161503.jpg

On Saturday I hit 5 locations and dug clad. I did dig a weird piece of lead and an old junk ring about 9" deep.

All 12/26 Finds

20151226_134442.jpg

Today I went back to a permission that I have hunted 3 times before. It is an old property, the house was built in the late 1800s. I have yet to pull an old coin from this site. Today no old coins, but I did dig my first Lead Soldier and my first Sterling Thimble.

Lead Soldier

20151227_151552.jpg

Sterling Thimble

Thimble.jpg

All 12/27 Finds

20151227_151527.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swing the coil :metaldetector: today.

Upvote 41

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Looks like you've been having some fun hunts.

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I really like the Boy Scouts token, lead soldier, and sterling thimble.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds LD. Love the tokens and the soilder is cool. Glad you got to play with your new toys some. Thanks for posting.[emoji106]

PS . If I didn't ruin my carrot the last two days..... You can't!
HH, Relic Nut

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Loco-Digger. Nice digs...silver, tokens, vintage toys some of my favorite items to recover. Looks like a lot of holes were dug. Boy Scouts shoe token is a great find. BTW the BSA started in Feb, 1910. Nice. HH C9

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some great finds all around, good diggin

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now what's there not to like about the Boy Scout token and the silver thimble, along with the lead toy soldier you have some real nice keepers.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LD,

Nice mix of finds for your efforts....like the tokens and silver thimble.

Regards + HH

Bill

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of all of the great finds, I think the soldier and the Scout token are my favorites. Nice variety!!

Mell0w Sl0w

Sep 7, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster pro, whites bulls eye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds man!!!

you sure don't dig much trash.....or was the trash not posted?

if that was all you dug....I need a lesson from you:notworthy:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ton of finds! Congrats!

Hope your knees recover.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wtg, LD. Those tokens are way cool, but since I have never dug a thimble of any type, your silver has to be my favorite.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Looks like you've been having some fun hunts.

Thanks CA kid, It was great getting out, I had been on a role before these 4 hunts. I enjoyed digging these humbling finds.

Great finds! I really like the Boy Scouts token, lead soldier, and sterling thimble.

Thanks Nepa, Being a coin shooter I am a little disappointed in not digging any good coins aside from the few wheats. The tokens, lead soldier, and thimble made the hunts palatable and provided a few "Hey that's cool" moments.

Great finds LD. Love the tokens and the soilder is cool. Glad you got to play with your new toys some. Thanks for posting.[emoji106]

PS . If I didn't ruin my carrot the last two days..... You can't!
HH, Relic Nut

Thanks r n. the reddish picture are from the USB microscope I got for Christmas. Still experimenting in order to take better pictures. It's a pretty cool tool for the hobby. I love the Carrot, it got pretty wet the last 2 days, I don't know why I hunted my first 6 months w/o a pinpointer. :dontknow: I hope it doesn't break the bank to get a new switch in the older Garrett pinpointer.

Hello Loco-Digger. Nice digs...silver, tokens, vintage toys some of my favorite items to recover. Looks like a lot of holes were dug. Boy Scouts shoe token is a great find. BTW the BSA started in Feb, 1910. Nice. HH C9

Thanks C9, I like to dig targets. If you open up the 12/27 All Finds pic you will see a little round item to the left of the thimble. The F75 picked that little piece of aluminum at 8", it's about half the size of a dime. I started the hunt digging iffies. The other iffy signals I dug were deep nails 9" or deeper. The next time I hit the place I will dig mid tones.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is something I just can't get enough of, hunts with all those varieties! Really nice job!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
some great finds all around, good diggin

Thanks Cjon, Any day you get out and dig is a great day. I was bundled up today and I had to take a "sit in the van break" in order to get the fingers warmed up half way through. It was a very cold continuous drizzle day. I need to find some good insulated gloves for cold weather detecting.

Now what's there not to like about the Boy Scout token and the silver thimble, along with the lead toy soldier you have some real nice keepers.

Thanks Pepper, Congrats again on your recent banner. Boy I sure need to get another permission soon. I have my eyes on a few, one really gives me a good vibe.

LD,

Nice mix of finds for your efforts....like the tokens and silver thimble.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thanks Bill At least I found a keeper or 2 in 3 of the 4 days.

Out of all of the great finds, I think the soldier and the Scout token are my favorites. Nice variety!!

Thanks Retire005 I appreciate all your posts on my threads. Just wish I pulled a silver or other old coin in the past 4 days. Oh well it's been a great year, maybe another hunt or 2 in the near future.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds man!!!

you sure don't dig much trash.....or was the trash not posted?

if that was all you dug....I need a lesson from you:notworthy:

Thanks mell0w I dig trash, just rarely take a picture of it. Today for instance I dug two good targets to every trash target. I can't resist deep iffy signals 8" or deeper. This is about my average for trash to good target ratio.

Awesome ton of finds! Congrats!

Hope your knees recover.

Thanks Msbeep, knees are fine. It sure was chilly today, still thankful for the absence of snow this late into December.

Wtg, LD. Those tokens are way cool, but since I have never dug a thimble of any type, your silver has to be my favorite.

Thanks OD I sure enjoyed reading about your first war nickle. This is my second thimble. My 1st one was aluminum and from the Whites Sewing Machine Co.

It is something I just can't get enough of, hunts with all those varieties! Really nice job!

Thanks Whadi, it seems that you have been in the zone lately, congrats again on your recent banner. The relics (I use that term loosely) that I dig will be my pass time when the ground freezes. Cleaning them and creating some cool displays will be
the order of the day.

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunts Loco, love that Boy Scout shoe token and the sterling thimble, still looking for one myself.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of hunts and loot, Loco! Your WW1 era doughboy machine gunner must be a home-cast soldier from a kit. I could not find it in any of my reference books and it appears to be 54mm (common for European soldier makers) as opposed to 70 MM, made by American toy soldier companies of the 1930's-40's. Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

Last edited:

PBR

Nov 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Been wondering where you have been hiding.
I thought since you reached your silver goal, you have been taking a break.
I like the thimble and lead soldier the most, but I saw a lot of items I would be happy with. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread