Last Hunt at the New Spot...

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out a few days ago but have been very busy with several things happening all at once...so here I am posting at last! Hunted for about 4 hours total and it was fairly difficult getting to these deep targets - all coins were found between 7-9" deep and the ground has somewhat hardened up due to lack of rain.

It took about two hours into the hunt to finally land an old coin which was the 1939 D Wheat. As time went on, each coin dug (with the exception of the surface clad not pictured) got older and older. Next coin to come up was the tax token, which is out of the 1930s, followed by the 1934 D Wheat. Did manage to score a wee bit of silver in the form of broken jewelry - it was likely a bracelet before the lawnmower found it!

Wandered over to a slightly different part of the park and found a deep 1919 S Wheat, then 10 feet away came a deep 1902 Indian cent. But Mike would be the big winner of the day digging an 1891-O Seated dime at about 8-9" :icon_thumleft: He used a Fisher Coinstrike detector, one that I've never heard of, and showed it capable of getting down to the good stuff. It was also this detector's maiden voyage...what a coin to dig on its first outing!

Second Seated in a week...

Hoping for some serious rain so we can get back to easy digging - my forearms were sore the next day after the hard digging, but you know what they say about things that won't kill you.....:laughing7:

SAM_2718.JPG SAM_2721.JPG SAM_2722.JPG

Upvote 6

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I thought all the tax tokens were made during WW2 in the 40's? I have found them for Utah, Washington and I think Minnesota. Not positive on the last state.

Hopefully some silver will show up for you. Congrats on the old coins

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet hunt, lots of trash digging. I guess it was a dig everything approach.
Congrats on the I.H.P., Token, and Wheats. That bracelet really got chewed up. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread