Last hunt of 2011 !!!

arrowheadlee

Mar 10, 2011
Iowa
Well, I managed to get out and walk some creeks on the 30th & 31st to try to end the year on a good note. Well long story short, on the 30th I found a nice uni-face tool and on the 31st I got 2 awesome points. The down side of the 31st was when I started the trip heading home fuel pump went out on the car. My wife wasn't to happy about driving all the way to me and then hooking up a tow strap and pulling me all the way home ( my neck is still sore ). Think God for $15.00 tow straps, would have to seen that tow bill. Enough with that, here are some pictures and the video.

PS. Matt if you read this, can you type the banded material for me ?

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2853.jpg

"

Huntersafe

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2007
Readlyn, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
WOW great finds. You get such good photos. I never get my camera to focus that clear. They always seem blurred. Are you carrying around a thousand dollar camera? :hello2:

Prime_Focus

Aug 27, 2008
Central Iowa
Now that is some dynamite creek stain on that last one. Did I hear a couple of shots in the background just after you picked it up? And the material on the first one is killer, from the banding to the translucence. Again, if you could somehow eliminate the jealousy factor that always hits me when I read your posts, I would enjoy them a whole lot more. Congratulations on finishing out the year with that kind of success. I hope I don't catch your cold from watching the video.

Almostneverlost

Mar 10, 2011
Wow Lee, that material on that larger one is just awesomely sweet :headbang: And the other one is nice too! A great way to end the year :thumbsup:

1point

Mar 13, 2011
Central Iowa
Nice closeout for the year. That see thru yellow-goldish one is a dandy along with the last find. I knew you would be out tagging points on the last day of the year!

Matt G

Mar 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are just so many cherts that could show up in that area, plus all the glacial cherts (often banded) that it is hard to be certain about the ID of the material for the Table Rock. If I was going to guess though, I would lean strongly toward Kaolin chert. This chert is common in east-central MO and the southern half of IL. I have seen pieces of it traded along all of the major rivers connected to the Mississippi so if you found the piece in the part of the state I suspect you did, then Kaolin would be no shocker.

I really like both points Lee! I think Table Rock is my favorite midwest point type so I am envious of your find!

Matt

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Well done Chief some nice finds to finish out the year,whats your creek stain removal process? looks like part of that stained point was exposed for some time your not slacking are you ?LoL

PaleoHunter

Nov 28, 2011
Heartland
Primary Interest:
Other
arrowheadlee- i really like the quality of the videos you take and download. Was wondering what brand and type of video camera do you use? they are really clear and vivid and look high definition to me. Thanks in advance!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread