Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...and I guess I failed Whadifind's War Nick test[emoji25] but I think he should give me a B for effort. Ok, let's make that a V for effort!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420058753.411254.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420058921.155379.jpg

Only my second one ever and a whole lot better shape than the 1902 I got last year in the summer. The pics are without any cleaning except rubbing the dirt off in the field with my thumb.
I hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year. May God bless everyone with good finds and better friends.

Upvote 12

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Same to you OD. You really have a passion for digging. I'm guessing that WAF will give you a good grade. HH, Q.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey atta boy digging them nickel signals, I'd take a V over a war nickel anyday!, cornfield find??
Happy new year to you and your family, can't wait for 2015!

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Aren't they just neat looking coins? Congrats! Only have two myself. You beat me by getting an 1800's. lol Really, great way to end the year, very cool, and just think what we'll find in 2015.. HH

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same to you OD. You really have a passion for digging. I'm guessing that WAF will give you a good grade. HH, Q.
Thank you Mr. Q! I suppose passion is one way to put it. Some people would say obsession was a better description, lol. The temp warmed up to 28 degrees at hunt time , but the wind was making it very cold.
Hey atta boy digging them nickel signals, I'd take a V over a war nickel anyday!, cornfield find??
Happy new year to you and your family, can't wait for 2015!
Thanks Chris! Yes sir, it was my plan C, lol. I drove out near Millville early this morn to do the yard of a friend from work, but met him on a very curvy dangerous stretch of road pulling his trailer to go do some farm work probably. By the time I found a place to turn around, he was nowhere in sight, lol. Plan B was the corn field behind the Indianhead garden at the cow pin farm. I got so tired of digging can slaw that I only lasted about 45 minutes there, lol! Trashiest field I ever saw! You'd think it would be clean since it is surrounded by a farm with no roads anywhere near it. I went to the old standby cornfield I have been hunting lately. Can't wait till next year too! I think we'll make a really good find in 2015!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sir! In 2015 we should broaden our horizons a bit!

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aren't they just neat looking coins? Congrats! Only have two myself. You beat me by getting an 1800's. lol Really, great way to end the year, very cool, and just think what we'll find in 2015.. HH
Thanks! I was happy to see that date when I rubbed away the dirt.
That V nickle is in good shape. Nice Find, Bill

Thanks Bill! You will appreciate this>>>
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420074411.159612.jpg
A mini-me of my minieball! Lol. I also found something in the woods nearby that I think I will take inspiration from Modern Miner and use on a bird house. This finial and ceiling escutcheon that gave me a momentary thrill when I dug them~~
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420074604.794569.jpg
I also found about a 3 ft copper Rod that is either a grounding Rod or some type surveyor's marking pin just under the ground. It is odd and looks like a huge golf tee. The flattened conical end doesn't look like any grounding Rod I ever saw.

Last edited:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would officially give that a "V" for victory grade!

V_for_vctory.jpg

Happy New Year!!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job bud! 2015 is going to be GREAT! I'm going out for a marathon day on Friday. My oldest site yet. Too old for Mass silver. Maybe some hammered coins lol? Prob a big strike out but I'm gonna try it anyway. This has been a fun year Dave. Always enjoy chatting with you

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Old Dude,

Congratulations on the V-nickel.

Regards,

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on that sweet V nickel, OD. War nickels are nice to find, but those V nickels are a lot tougher to dig up. And usually they don't look very nice. Your should clean up beautifully. Hope your good fortune continues in 2015. One place I would see about permission for would be those fields right off of Spruce Run Road especially on the right just before you get to Legion Rd.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would officially give that a "V" for victory grade!

View attachment 1099984
Happy New Year!!!
I am hoping this new year will give me a silver one. You know how it goes: once you find that first, they come pouring out of the ground. HNY to you!
Great job bud! 2015 is going to be GREAT! I'm going out for a marathon day on Friday. My oldest site yet. Too old for Mass silver. Maybe some hammered coins lol? Prob a big strike out but I'm gonna try it anyway. This has been a fun year Dave. Always enjoy chatting with you
GL on Friday Abe. If it is there, I am sure you will find it. I hope the other people on this forum don't get tired of our " chatting " lol. If they do, LIGHTEN UP people!

Hello Old Dude,

Congratulations on the V-nickel.

Regards,
Thank you PoE. Welcome to the forum. We try to have fun here and learn something at the same time. This is the forum for DADD ( Detectorists with Attention Deficit Disorder ).

Congrats on that sweet V nickel, OD. War nickels are nice to find, but those V nickels are a lot tougher to dig up. And usually they don't look very nice. Your should clean up beautifully. Hope your good fortune continues in 2015. One place I would see about permission for would be those fields right off of Spruce Run Road especially on the right just before you get to Legion Rd.

Thanks Beez. I hope you and the Carolina Boys were good last year and Santa brought you all some detecting goodies and Internet to Tom's cabin. You guys all had a silver year!

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice looking V nickel to end the season off OD, best of the season 2015 that's coming up and I truly hope that a banner type find emerges from the soils that you've dug.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you Pepper. I am just having fun, so anything semi-old makes me happy. If I ever do find something worthwhile, it will just reinvigorate my searches and help keep it interesting. Happy New Year to you and I hope this year is a memorable one with your hunts.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you Pepper. I am just having fun, so anything semi-old makes me happy. If I ever do find something worthwhile, it will just reinvigorate my searches and help keep it interesting. Happy New Year to you and I hope this year is a memorable one with your hunts.

Thanks OD
It's like any binge addictions everything is pretty ok when left alone but once one gets a sniff that's it then-full on-and that is what detecting and digging in the dirt is like for me. I haven't had a whole lot of time to play these past few years and it's an itch that's going have to scratched a whole lot this year to make up for some lost time swinging of the coil, and to do some posts up of the finds, which I've been a true laxer in doing.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way better than any old War nickle, good job, you were saving up for that one! I did a very small amount of detecting up in Vermont, matter of fact, I have not been detecting much at all. The last two times out I have been teaching a couple other newcomers how to use there Xmas presents. Lately my rush to find treasure has taken a back seat to helping my son and some other people. I hope to make it out today.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find! Pretty good shape too ! You really know how to close out a year with V style!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That's a nice V-nickel. Nice way to end 2014.
Dman

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way better than any old War nickle, good job, you were saving up for that one! I did a very small amount of detecting up in Vermont, matter of fact, I have not been detecting much at all. The last two times out I have been teaching a couple other newcomers how to use there Xmas presents. Lately my rush to find treasure has taken a back seat to helping my son and some other people. I hope to make it out today.
HNY Brad. That is a great thing to do....sharing what you have learned. I have kept my old detector in case someone wants to go with me that is new, plus I hate the thought of being totally without one lol!
Excellent find! Pretty good shape too ! You really know how to close out a year with V style!
Thank you MBB! It was definitely an unexpected find. For some reason, I never think about them. A buffalo is usually what I think of first. Honestly, I was looking for more old flat buttons, but we take what we can get. HNY!
That's a nice V-nickel. Nice way to end 2014.
Dman

Thank you very much DMan. I hope in 2015 to find some CW relics in Ky. My brother in law tells me he is working on permission at a place where a U.S. Plate was plowed up in a garden. I am going to have to come visit your store too. Happy New Year and thanks for all the laughs you have given me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread