Last hunt of the year yields silver

Fast_Dave

Mar 21, 2003
Superior, WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer, White's 6000, Fisher Aquanaut
I've been waiting to take my vacation until work slowed down enough. So here I am taking most of the month of December off. The weather has been cooperative until today, with temps in the 30's during the day. I started hunting a local park this week in an area with so much iron and aluminum trash we've pretty much bypassed it until now. Sunday I managed to pick off an 1897 Barber dime and an 1899 IH. Tuesday I didn't get any silver, but found 7 wheats, an 1897 V nickel and a well worn Buffalo. Today temps topped out at 23, with a windchill of 12, so I got in one last hunt. I know how much you guys like action shots, so I brought the camera. First, I nabbed a wheat. Then I got the signal you see in pic #1. The ground was frozen to 2", but once I got the plug and some extra dirt out of the way I saw what you can see in pic#2. Pic #3 is the coin after washing from the canteen. It turned out to be a 1913 Canadian dime. The rest of the hunt gave up two more wheats. By the way, I did nick the Barber, but the Canadian came up marred already. Good Hunting!

Attachments

• minelab.JPG
    minelab.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 325
  • ground1.JPG
    ground1.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 324
  • washed.JPG
    washed.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 329
  • dimesfront.JPG
    dimesfront.JPG