Last Hunts Findz

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last Hunt's Findz

Had this soaking in olive oil for a week, and finally tonight decided to clean it up.
(I had suspected this is what I found--but it was encased in a tarry-like substance that I think was lake-bottom).
I had found the V-Nickel about 3 inches down along a path that led from a turn of the century building that
was used at a Summer recreation area. The building was once an arcade, gift shop and eatery at one point.
This is an old park-type area that was instituted about 1900.
The lake there was used for swimming and was packed full every Summer.
I thought the funny looking silverish disc was a silver quarter, as it was pretty clean out of the ground.
I really have no idea what it is. Thought it might be an arcade token--but there are no markings as such.
I nabbed that close to 11" and the strata layers were undisturbed, so it was definitely down there a while.
The nickel is 190_ something as the last number is worn off.
A piece of a harmonica reed and some other whatzits, and of course clad.
I was digging through a pile of old mud as a I got a good signal and found an old coke bottle that was broke in half.
Definitely a "come-back to spot" as it was my first time there.
92912.jpg
Feels good to be out of Skunkville at least. :laughing7:

Upvote 1

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like you have found a really good site, and it has the history to be even more productive! It show's remarkable restraint to be able to soak 'em that long but your patience paid off.

Almost one foot deep, wow, what detector do you use?

cheers,
cc

OP
OP
CoilFisher

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks.

Just a common commercially available detector. ;)

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and congrats on the super deep coin/token? If you find out what it is...please update the post. Looks interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread