Last months talley...... Warning pic heavy

mxdigger

Jun 30, 2013
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC 2B, Minelab Musketeer Xs pro, AT Pro, Garrett pro pointer, Xp Deus with pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yesterday ended my month with a bang..,,,,A small AVC box plate! I was wondering if anyone knew what something like this is worth? It's kinda banged up but it's still a cool find. Yesterday was a good day for me and I only stayed in the woods about 3 hours. I found a 2 ring .69 cal bullet a first for me. another cool bullet was a dropped enfield that still had the wood plug in it but it fell to pieces while I was cleaning it. It has 57 in the base too. I also found a nice knap sack hook, some melted camp lead, a couple rivets, one still had leather in it and about 10 or 12 other bullets and round balls. These pieces ended out my month with a good note.

Attachments

• this month's bullets.JPG
    this month's bullets.JPG
    389.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 57 stamped enfield and a 2 ring .69.JPG
    57 stamped enfield and a 2 ring .69.JPG
    304.1 KB · Views: 141
  • A few neat odds and ends.JPG
    A few neat odds and ends.JPG
    503.5 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC03102.JPG
    DSC03102.JPG
    402.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 3 strange bullets.JPG
    3 strange bullets.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 147
  • a piece of molded medal.JPG
    a piece of molded medal.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 130
  • AVC box plate.JPG
    AVC box plate.JPG
    361 KB · Views: 123
  • campfire lead.JPG
    campfire lead.JPG
    361.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Dodge Brothers emblem.JPG
    Dodge Brothers emblem.JPG
    363.1 KB · Views: 129
  • misc flat buttons.JPG
    misc flat buttons.JPG
    326.2 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC03119.JPG
    DSC03119.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 128
  • my goast bullets.JPG
    my goast bullets.JPG
    311.8 KB · Views: 115
  • part of a fuse.JPG
    part of a fuse.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 99
  • rivets and a knap sack hook.JPG
    rivets and a knap sack hook.JPG
    341.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Some kind of a timed delay fuse.JPG
    Some kind of a timed delay fuse.JPG
    333.4 KB · Views: 122
  • This months high lights.JPG
    This months high lights.JPG
    367.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Some of this months junk.JPG
    Some of this months junk.JPG
    401.2 KB · Views: 120
  • World War Veterans badge.JPG
    World War Veterans badge.JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 5

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! would love to find all that in a year. Congrats!!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Some great finds there. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

arrowhead82

Dec 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FANTASTIC hunt!! those are some great bullets and I love the AVC plate.
HH

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good haul WTG in the plate

Dig until your arm falls off

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What part of the country are you in? Looks like your cleaning out a battlefield! Lol. Great job!

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What huge amount bullets, it's also cool to see the Dodge Bros. Emblem, I love to see things from Detroit, found in other states. WTG! HH.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a fantastic haul for the month! Your knees must be made of steel! Congrats! And HH!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, congrats on that interesting plate.

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AVC plate is a Banner!! In that condition it is awesome. I would bet it would be in the 1000-2000 range. But that's just a guess. Again fantastic find. Vote is in.

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice stuff. If you get the idea you need to part with that "Dodge Brothers Detroit" emblem, you know who to call. ;)

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds and very productive area. Happy for your success. My body couldn't take all that digging.

OP
OP
M

mxdigger

Jun 30, 2013
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC 2B, Minelab Musketeer Xs pro, AT Pro, Garrett pro pointer, Xp Deus with pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys! Yeah it's been fun, in the summer I mostly hunt fields at night and it's good to get back in the woods. Where I am hunting it's really thick and the trash is all over the place and I guess that's why a few things are still left to find. These woods have been hunted hard for many years but since it was logged a few years ago and the equipment spread all those trash piles all over the place most people quit hunting it because it is almost impossible to hunt it. Then throw in the thick briars you have to crawl through makes it really hard to get around. It's close by to me........ walking distance. I just go in there with a different attitude and battle plan and just take my time. I dig more trash than relics that's for sure but every now and then even a blind hog will find an acorn every now and again.

I'm in Va close by to Richmond and this area saw action all through the war and many years afterward. The whole state has been hunted really hard by some of the best relic hunters in the world for 50 or 60 years but they didn't find it all and neither will I. It's harder now than it was to find good stuff but there is still plenty left in the ground but time is taking a toll on it. The ground around here is really hard on lead, brass and coins so to find something in perfect condition would be a really rare find.

OP
OP
M

mxdigger

Jun 30, 2013
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh I know what you mean. I broke my knee cap in 4 pieces 9 months ago and this past month has taken a toll on it. I have been getting around pretty good but the fields are a lot easier to walk in than the woods and all that trash digging is hard on good knees not to mention ones that have been busted apart.LOL Some times when I go in the woods I'll pick a small spot about 25' sq and stay on my knees the whole time. I just crawl around on my hands and knees digging trash.....and yes bullets and other things as I go along. The next time I go I just move over from where I ended the last time I went and go from there. I haven't been able to go since Sunday because my knee is swollen and been hurting so I'm laying low for a couple days to give it a rest. I probably shouldn't have gone Sunday because I twisted it Sat. while working in the woods behind my house and it's been hurting like heck every since.

OP
OP
M

mxdigger

Jun 30, 2013
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice stuff. If you get the idea you need to part with that "Dodge Brothers Detroit" emblem, you know who to call. ;)

I thought it was a eagle breast plate when I found it, then got home and cleaned it off and saw what it was. I still didn't know what it was until I searched around a bit. Then I saw one on e-bay that sold for $125.00 and thought to myself....who would have thunk that???:laughing7:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent finds. love that plate for sure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread