Last night find, "PIN" re-done

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Last night find, "PIN" re-done

Here is a better pic of the pin I fopiund last night. #47 on it, just a strange pin. Good luck on figuring it out lol. I have thought of everything from graduation pin, to kiwanis, to scouts, to military..the possibilities are endless I guess, but maybe there is someone on here thats seen something similar to it. Good luck on your next hunt.

Attachments

• redo47.jpg
    redo47.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 245
  • redoback.jpg
    redoback.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 247
Upvote 0

SilverDreams

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vinemont, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Last night find, "PIN" re-done

Did you find that at an old house place? I saw one just like it (with a different number of course), in another forum. Someone said it was a pin that used to be in old windows. I don't remember its exact function except that it came from old windows. Hope this helps.

T

tank

have seen a box of them!!! they were used for marking RR ties. section# then tie number for maint.

OP
OP
Mystro7

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005

Hmm ok that sounds like a match, it does look more like a tack of some sort, I did find it right near a power pole with a transformer on it maybe its something from the line trade? I used to do powerline clearance and never saw such a thing, but then again, im not that old and maybe they were used a while back? Thanks for the id's!!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool find!

HH

Lonewolfe

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Cool find Mystro,I would go with the pole marker.Most RR nails are much longer.If you find a RR nail and the number is after the mid 50's then the nail would be from the 1800's.RR stoped marking the ties in the mid to late 50's with nails.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread