Last relic hunt of 2007 yields a 1725 KG Copper (UPDATED PICS)

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Well my buddies George, Donny, Sam and myself hit a field where we got six KG coppers from on our last visit there. Ten minutes into the hunt Donny finds a 1875 Seated dime. Good start. We stayed a few hours and managed some buttons and a copper each. Not sure what kind of copper George found but it was still pretty thick. I'll get his photos later. The one I found looks to be a 1725 KG. I also found a part of something that looks like it used to be a heart with a crown on it. It also appears to be silver. Any ideas? The first pic is my stuff and the 2nd and 3rd are Donny's. Happy New Year to all.
Don't drink and drive.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• 1230.jpg
    1230.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 621
  • seated dime.jpg
    seated dime.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 632
  • buttons.jpg
    buttons.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 617
Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Last relic hunt of 2007 yields a 1725 KG Copper

Nice group of finds again, the coin is not a 1725, maybe 1735 or some other date from 1729 and later Mike.

Don

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

nice coins and great buttons !!!!! love the KG.... :) :) :)

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used

Don in South Jersey said:
Nice group of finds again, the coin is not a 1725, maybe 1735 or some other date from 1729 and later Mike.

Don
Thanks Don. I could'nt tell if it was a 5 or a 9. Kinda beat up. How can you tell? It appears to look alot like the 1722 I found there. Either way I'll take it over a thin non-readable disc anyday. Have a safe and Happy New Year.
Mike in NJ

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Here's Georges finds for the day, and a pic of Donny with his 1875 seated dime.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• gfinds.jpg
    gfinds.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 535
  • dfind.jpg
    dfind.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 552

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike95inNJ said:

Don
Thanks Don. I could'nt tell if it was a 5 or a 9. Kinda beat up. How can you tell? It appears to look alot like the 1722 I found there. Either way I'll take it over a thin non-readable disc anyday. Have a safe and Happy New Year.
Mike in NJ

Mike, hard to tell from photos sometimes, but I am sure it is not a 1725, there were no 1725 King George coppers. It also does not appear to have the wide rim of a King George I as your 1722 would have, I see only a thin rim shoulder, like a King George II copper would, that is why I am saying 1729 or later. But I really cannot tell for sure form the photos, so maybe it could be, which way is George facing? Still, it could be no later than 1724 if a KGI copper. :) Here is where weight(grams or grains) and dimension(mm) helps alot.

Don

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used

Mike95inNJ said:

Don
Mike in NJ

Mike, hard to tell from photos sometimes, but I am sure it is not a 1725, there were no 1725 King George coppers. It also does not appear to have the wide rim of a King George I as your 1722 would have, I see only a thin rim shoulder, like a King George II copper would, that is why I am saying 1729 or later. But I really cannot tell for sure form the photos, so maybe it could be, which way is George facing? Still, it could be no later than 1724 if a KGI copper. :) Here is where weight(grams or grains) and dimension(mm) helps alot.

Don
Ah. I see what you mean about the wide rim. This one does not have a wide rim like the 1722. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
Cya, Mike

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Mike, congrats on the coppa. You have the same style that the BDD team has.

Bone Dry Detecting...zoy

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SWEET LOOKING COPPER MIKE, I WISH MY COLONIALS HAD THAT MUCH DETAIL.....SOME ARE CLOSE , BUT NOT AS NICE... KEEP HITTING THE FIELDS. THAT IS WHERE THE QUALITY COPPAS ARE..... PACO. WWW.BONEDRYDETECTING.COM

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats Mike ! NICE finds ;)

No snow in Joisey I take it ?

Still so much snow in CNY could'nt hunt much yesterday even tho I did try :'(

A GREAT New Year for ya!
D.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike95inNJ said:
Mike95inNJ said:

Don
Mike in NJ

Don
Ah. I see what you mean about the wide rim. This one does not have a wide rim like the 1722. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
Cya, Mike

Thats right the 1722 is known over here as a 'Dump' halfpenny because of its large rim. The later ones do not have this. They only did this for a few years in Geo I reign.

xlt nh

Jul 28, 2006
Cheshire, Mass
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, DFX 300
Great hunt Mike!! ;D Looks like a promising area to hit many more times! ;)

Question: Do you know what the item is in the top pic above the rusty nail? I have found many pieces like yours, and recently a longer one folded (bent) in half...maybe a colonial brush for horses of sorts? ???

Thanks for sharing your great finds!

Happy New Year!
Hank 8)

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
xlt nh said:
Great hunt Mike!! ;D Looks like a promising area to hit many more times! ;)

Question: Do you know what the item is in the top pic above the rusty nail? I have found many pieces like yours, and recently a longer one folded (bent) in half...maybe a colonial brush for horses of sorts? ???

Thanks for sharing your great finds!

Happy New Year!
Hank 8)
Sorry Hank. I have no idea what it is.
Happy New Year, Mike in NJ

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
You are finding some real oldies Mike! Congrats on going out in the correct fashion! Happy New Year Mike.

Ricardo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread