Last Saturday!! A Day of Learning! (No pics)

gmu4me

Jan 15, 2006
Culpeper, Va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Well..last Saturday I went out to find some CW relics on an unexplored area of the property where I work and all I came out with was 2 Gardner bullets and a body FULL of poison ivy!!! Got it on both arms, palms of hands, in-between fingers, on knees, legs, etc... Most of it is finally drying out (a week later) and I have not been able to go out at all this week.. I didn't post any pictures... well you can guess why (YUK!). I have learnt my lesson...the hard way!! I still have to rub down my detector and shovel to make sure they are not contaminated..

In other news, I am headed down to the Outer Banks, NC this weekend and am bringing my detector with me.. I am gonna look good out there on the beach with this red rash over my body..LOL

Upvote 0
Well thats not good nope not good at all....Remeber Relics Good!.....Poison Bad!!! I had the same experience a few years back while digging an old dump site...circa 1890. I managed to find a really nice collection of poison sumac (Ivies real nasty cousin) It got on my body under my bullet proof vest I wear to work , fingers neck , hands, and all my happy places. SO after a weak or so of misery, I decided to research poison. The stuff is nasty can still contaminate years after it has dried and turned to powder...ewww. Anyhow now in my pack I carry Ivarrest its kinda like sunblock for poison ivy etc.... I also carry 2% hydrocotizone cream...if I get any suspect bump, whelps or bubbles I load it down with that stuff. It helps stop the spreading. Anyway Happy Digging , and dry up soon.
Saber & Maureen
(This story was based on actual events that happened to Saber no likeness to real people past or present is intended)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That stuff sounds rough, there are stinging plants here in Germany and they are all over the place.Painful but not permanent. :)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch...i had it twice this season already...not even for a good find, a 1932 license plate...

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread