Last three hunts - Wheats, Buffs, One Silver, & Old Items

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Last three hunts - Wheats, Buffs, One Silver, & Old Items

Hi everyone. I've been out a lot, but the pickings seem slim with a little each day. I decided to combine three into one post. I hope this is OK. First, out in the woods, I got the three wheats and two more buffalo nickels. :) The one on the right appears to be a 1918. The one on the left looks like a type one to me, and the date is hard to read, but that makes it a 1913, doesn't it? :icon_scratch:

Buff heads.jpg
Buff tails.jpg

Then, Watercolor & I went out to a new spot in the woods. After picking up a 1940 and a 1935 wheat in the woods, I joined him on a path, just as he was digging up a wheatie. I gave the SE a few swings and got a high signal. :) I dug out a nice piece of brass. :( I filled the hole, but before stepping on it I hit it again with the coil & still got the high tone. :) I swiped the coil again and right there on top of the dirt pile was a silver edged disc. A shot of water and a (gorgeous) '43 Merc appeared! My favorite coin! ;D

Merc 0.jpg
Merc.jpg

Then, thanks to DesPlaines_IL_SilverBob, I got to hunt a 100 year old house that is slated for demo. The back yard was overgrown and a hard hunt, and the side yard had some serious tilling & filling by the previous owner. It didn't help that half the back yard was brick patio. I picked up some cool things at this house, but unfortunately no silver. I did get a clad Kennedy half, a Perfect Circle promotional coin, a lead WWII soldier, a cool match case (never heard of them before T-Net), a big promotional paper clip from a stationery company (more like a clamp) a truck and a few other misc items.

The coolest thing was the little copper dog tag shaped piece. Everything was real muddy in light rain & I thought it was just a small copper strap. I took it home and washed it and found the Lord's Prayer on one side. Glad I kept it. :wink:

House.jpg
Perfect Circle.jpg
Truck Soldier.jpg
Match Case.jpg
Clip.jpg
Prayer.jpg

Thanks for checking out my stuff!!
Neil

Upvote 0

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Re: Last three hunts - Wheats, Buffs, One Silver, & Old Items

Great finds. The merc. looks like it is in great shape.
Dman

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Last three hunts - Wheats, Buffs, One Silver, & Old Items

Well done mate.I like this little Soldier. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread