Last two days at Santa Monica Beach.

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg Slim pickings the last two times out, but had fun. Got two junk rings in the dry sand with my XLT Spectrum and Bigfoot coil yesterday. It's been over 10 years since I used it. It's a vacuum cleaner on coins. Hit the wet sand today with the CTX 3030 and got the rest of the stuff today.

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Still fun seeing any ring in your scoop!
download (13).jpg

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!! Beautiful finds!! Congratulations!! All the best next hunts!!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Randyg12

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got that right, especially with all the competition :laughing7: Thanks for the reply!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job! Any particular reason you used the XLT on your first outing instead of the CTX?

OP
OP
Randyg12

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No reason, just wanted to play with it again. Thanks for the reply.
Good Job! Any particular reason you used the XLT on your first outing instead of the CTX?

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Interesting finds, Randy; I like that little ship's wheel and the religious medallion

Keep 'em comin'!

Lorraine

OP
OP
Randyg12

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds, Randy; I like that little ship's wheel and the religious medallion

Keep 'em comin'!

Lorraine
Hi Lorraine, those tiny four finds on the right (the ships wheel earring, and three pendants are my favorites because they were targets that your average detecting person wouldn't hear. They gave just a real quick crappy tone at first but just enough to make me stop and recheck. Love those readings in the wet sand that come in at 12-05 (religious medal) through 12-29. if I would have been moving a step faster of had the coil a little higher I would have walked right by them. The other finds were bangers that anyone could have found if they passed their coil over them. Thanks for the reply!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Any erosion going on down there ? Or are all those recent losses ? Everything up here (monterey bay area) is super sanded in.

As for those junk rings: Those titanium rings can give you a heart-attack, eh ?

OP
OP
Randyg12

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any erosion going on down there ? Or are all those recent losses ? Everything up here (monterey bay area) is super sanded in.

Hey Tom, the conditions down here are just as bad. All recent droppings with about 1000 detectors hitting the sand before me :laughing7: At least I'm getting in a lot of exercise and I'm keeping my ears sharp :laughing7: It sure would be nice to have a few days where some sand moves out instead of in :thumbsup:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Until you pick it up an find it weighs nothing! :laughing7:. Beaches are pretty sanded in down here in San Diego too, but, there are occasional good spots if you know what the look for.

PhotoTJ

Apr 12, 2005
The Pacific Coast, Southern California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GTI 2500, Sea Hunter II. I like Garrett!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird, I have never seen another detector on the beach. Intellectually I know they are there, ('cause I'm not finding anything!), I just never, ever see them.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only ever seen one other guy with a bigfoot coil. That is a awesome looking coil and covers a lot of ground. Nice find and day you find a ring.

OP
OP
Randyg12

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird, I have never seen another detector on the beach. Intellectually I know they are there, ('cause I'm not finding anything!), I just never, ever see them.
You're right that is weird for the summer time, what beaches are you hitting and at what time? :dontknow:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is weird. I see them all the time and at various times of day. On the 5th of July, there were 15-20 guys on Mission Beach that morning. I turned around and left for another beach.......where I was #4 of 6 detectorists there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread