Apr 14, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission to hunt a vacant house lot last weekend. T%he historical society said it was where the town's shoe cobbler once had a house many years ago.
The hunted started out well. First find was a 1926 wheatie. A bit later, I found an old reflector (faceted glass of the type on vintage bicycles and car license plates). Soon after that, an old oddly-shapped key. The rest of the lot had little to offer except a few clads, a couple cinch-buckles of some sort, and a delicate lightweight buckle (perhaps from a hat or shoe? Any suggestions would be appreciated.).
There was an awful lot of trash and several pieces of old copper tubing that made hunting a bit difficult.
The highlight of my day was getting a closer look at the key when I got home. It turned out to be a key to an old model T Ford from sometime between 1919-1927. Really cool!

IMAG0520.jpg IMAG0523.jpg IMAG0524.jpg

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Digs68

Digs68

Apr 14, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, the round copper (brass?) smashed cup that the reflector is resting against I'm pretty sure is a bell from an old phone.

osage express

Oct 22, 2012
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236-x2 --Whites TM808---Whites Bullseye 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the weather as it is any find is good.Good find keep looking there may be more good luck Osage

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread