Last weeks Charleston SC, Union Camp Dig, produces a GOLD mans signet ring!!

55th Massachusetts

Jun 5, 2009
Detector(s) used
Nautilus
Last weeks Charleston SC, Union Camp Dig, produces a GOLD man's signet ring!!

This has to be the BEST personal artifact that I have ever found in either a Union or Confederate campsite. It is a site on a coastal sea island, near Beaufort, S.C. I found this camp in 1971, and each time a new metal detector comes out, this spot produces more and more relics. This ring was right in the middle of a path on this island, that I have detected over hundreds of times. It just proves that no site is EVER hunted out!! I'm sure the Union soldier who lost it, was sick about losing it.......but now it is brought back to light, and will hold a spot of Honor in my collection. Enclosed is a photo of the ring, and a video of it being dug. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• Union Officers gold signet ring 016.JPG
    Union Officers gold signet ring 016.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 10-14 Stockade Relics 005.JPG
    10-14 Stockade Relics 005.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 224
Upvote 15

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Trevor43

Greenie
Oct 27, 2004
Ahhhhhhh

Sorry I wasn't clear but I DID go to Beaufort, SC and Cherry Point, NC....both Marine bases.

I was assuming you were thinking of Beaufort, N.C. being that Cherry Point is so close to it. We used to take on Harrier AV-8b's from Cherry Point on my old boat back in the early 80's.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Early 80's is when I was there and I remember the Harriers were based there then. This TDY was one of those big multi-branch of service exercises. I was in the USAF but was sent to the Marine bases with some specific pieces of equipment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread