latest dowsing finds in yard

OP
OP
R

rusty nails

well the boy always believed me - you should have seen his face when we plucked that coin out of the yard - the wife on the other hand - was a skeptic (big time) when we found that penny - she said "i am now convinced" - yes i have learned - but if i did not believe those rods would have been thrown out months ago - leftybass

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
the rods will not work if you don't believe, this is a main reason it is so hard to convince a skeptic that it does work. they have already programmed the mind that it doesn't to the point that it won't..,,,,,,..only once have i seen printed material that was pro-dowsing, and then in later years this same author was adamantly against it.,,,,,,,,,,..i have never figured that one out, .......i have found that the more you believe and get totally into it, letting everything else fall by the wayside, the more successful you become at it.............gldhntr

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California
well guess i'm one of those skeptics, you mean to say the dowsing was done to fine COINS burried in the ground? naaaa!
then why arn't the gifted ones hauling in nuggets! and all that stuff, does dowsing discriminate?
i had one fella show me in his yard how he can find his water pipes, and he did, but heck he knew where they were!
nope, nope nope!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I will tell you that I find gold with my rods all the time. I find almost anything that I want with the rods. I don't know if Lefty and his family are using mental or physical dowsing. It makes no difference as long as it is working. Kids are easy to teach as they have not been told it don't work. I am not gifted as anyone can dowse with the proper frame of mind. All you have to do is make a set of rods from coat hangers and give it a try. I guess most of the skeptics would rather complain than give it a try....Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be interesting if Lefty gave more details of the search & recovery process.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Carl-NC said:
Might be interesting if Lefty gave more details of the search & recovery process.

Iwould like to hear more details also. How many holes did you dig? What were you searching for? Gold or clad? Did you find any trash? I'm keeping an open mind.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
karl , just some fun to prove to yourself dowsing works without you moving your hands because of what you see or hear causing an ideomotor response........ have someone videotape this for your later veiwing pleasure,,,,sit in a chair in the yard with earplugs in your ears,,,,,, have your kid hold a target out in front of you a ways , and get a good lock on it with rods,, have someone slip a thick cloth bag over your head so you can not see.......now your photographer quietly instructs the kid to walk about 15-20 feet left, then right, back and forth, or ever how he wants to as long as he is going slow and staying more or less in front of you........if your results were like mine you will see your rods followed the target every where it went as long as not moving too fast.........if this test does nothing other than boost your belief system it is worth the time to do it........after doing this you will know you did not do anything to make the rods move other than to concentrate on your target.......................also if interested in reading up on a series of double blind tests done by skeptics, and reveiwed by several people who all found the tests to be of scientific value as they were not found to be flawed as most known tests performed by skeptics have been found to be,,, then read up on the tests done by Chadwick and Jensen, performed around 1971 i think....more info on these tests and the reveiws of them are in my thread titled '' dowsing printed facts, info, and references'' or something close to this title... ....by the time these skeptics finished their testing they were having serious second thoughts about the subject, and were not quite as skeptical...............hope this will add some enlightenment..................gldhntr

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent Idea For A Test KARL.

? ? ? ? ?Altho Your Findings Don't supprise Me.

? ? ? ? How Can Gold pull Gold, it isn't Magnetic ?

The Exact Reason I think Dowsing is Mental & The Only Thing Physical Is what Your Mind Tells Your Muscles to Do.

But I don't Think it's 100% Fool Proof, like running a Metal detector over metal

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Karl, i was not trying to disprove the possible involvement of the ideomotor effect,, just simply that the result was not caused by something that was seen or heard actually causing the ideomotor effect..{it being said many times by several people that the effect was from you seeing something causing your hands to move giving dowsing result}............i have used the rods in arts frame designed to keep you from actually touching rods. and also mounted to a table so the framework could not be moved by me, and my rods still responded to the target, and also followed it back and forth several times as long as the target was moving slow....if it was moved too fast the rods would lose it every time...........gldhntr

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gldhntr. Til Karl Gets to Respond, May I ask ?

Do you Consider Yourself Psychic ?

? ?Have You Ever Been With Someone & Were Just About to Say Something, & it Comes Out Their Mouth ? WORD FOR WORD

? ?I'v Done This Many Times.

BUT IF I try to do it I can't. It's Always Spontanious.

DO you Think This is Why some Dowsers Say Non-Posative Talk Stunts their Ability to Dowse ?

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
jeff, i do not consider myself psychic, although i have had a few experiences that lead me to believe there is an ability or extra sense somewhere in there.......the main one was one day i looked out my window in north carolina, and the picture i saw was from laying in my grandmothers living room floor looking through the sitting room window.. she lived in south carolina, and we were very close....thinking a minute i felt as if something was wrong.. i called and she did not answer even though she hadn't left the house in years...i called a relative there to go check on her, and when they went by 9 hours later, they found her laying in the living room floor, looking out the sitting room window........do i connect this type of occurance with dowsing ? never thought about it.........possible i guess................................................karl, the point i was trying to make is this..often the dowsing response has been attributed to the ideomotor effect..most often the references state that the dowser seeing something that would cause this ideomotor effect to happen, which causes your hands to move in a way as to point dowsing instrument at a target...i have seen where tests supposedly proved that dowsers can locate a gold coin on a table but not if it was totally hidden from sight, due to the above ''effect '' caused or set in motion by the dowser seeing something to make him think the target is in a specific place, and therefore his dowsing instrument points to what he sees only. ........i have proven, to myself if no-one else, that this is not the case....dowsing may or may not be caused by an ideomotor effect, but, the ideomotor effect is not caused by the dowser seeing or hearing anything...at least it is not with myself...............................as for negative posts or conversation concerning dowsing , it will only bother you if you let it !, as in the case of lefty bass player, he was interested in dowsing, he has been here long enough to see all the negativity that was being posted on the subject, yet he went out with his own open mind and proved to himself and others it was possible to locate objects with a peice of wire.....now had he listened too hard to all the negative posts, let it sink in deep, and then tried dowsing there is a very good chance we would be argueing now as he would have most likely had no luck, and would want to get back on here and tell dowsers they were stupid or something.........instead he now has a new tool in his treasure hunting arsenal, and a big pat on the back from people like me..................gldhntr

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
karl, back in the 70s you didn't by chance write pro-dowsing articles for a much known dowsers mag did you ?.........just curious....................gldhntr

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i agree jeff......open discussion should not involve the bashing of a person for his beliefs, job, or posts...it should be related to the subject at hand..the subject is dowsing, and many here are actually interested in learning not argueing..........the people using multi frequency units do not constantly bash the single frequency crowd, they state their experiences and opinions well without having to tell someone they are stupid.........gldhntr

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could That Be Because A METAL DETECTOR, When Waived over a Silver Dollar 1" Under Ground, Will Signal 100% of the Time. & Pinpoint Within An Inch or so,

While Certain Devices Will Only Work When It Is Known The Object Is There ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Nothing Against You Dell, I'v Never Had Dealings With You.

HOWEVER If I live Near You I'd Bury 10 Silver Dollars In My Yard at 1" Deep

And I'd ask You To Do same in Your Yard.

Then We'd Switch Yards.

Me With My Sovereign & 15" WOT Coil,

You with your "Unconventional Locator"

I'd Wager I'd Find The 10 Dollars Quicker Then you.

If You'd even Find All.

When Something Works 100% there Is No Reason to Question WHY or HOW ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DELL ;

Either You Don't Understand What I'm Saying Or Don't Want To.
? ALL I am Asking Is HOW can these 2 Statements be True ?

Either You Don't Have Expierence With Such Devices Or You Do Have Expierence With Such Devices.

How Can Both Be True ?

Or AM I missing Something.

? You Apparently Think Everyone Understands Everything You Say Or That's Their Problem.

? IF this is The CASE ... WHY ARE YOU HERE ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?A L S O

I know You'v Had Luck / Results With Your Methods, But HOW? CAN you be sure it's MORE then GOOD RESEARCH? and Luck ?

I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY !

? BUT I CAN BE IF YOU WANT? ;D
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? JEFF

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the Way, IF you Don't want Questions, Why don't you post in the PRO Forum, So everyone Can Either Believe you or at least PRETEND to ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread