Latest Finds/1930s Era Home Site

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been a long time since my last post. Things have slowed to a crawl due to moving, work and weather here in the midwest. These finds are from my new residence, a 1930s built home. I have nosed around for the last three weekends, a little bit at a time. Among my findings, a few wheat pennies-'37, '50, '56 and a '40 nickel. First Jefferson pre-'60's I have ever found. A pellet, sinker and a lead toy figurine. I am not sure what he is supposed to be, either a soldier or a fireman..hmm. His body was found first, then his head. Anyone have any idea on how to reattach his head? Didn't expect the rosary, was a nice little find though it was not complete, so some of the chain must still be in the ground. The tow truck I am thinking is a Tootsie Toy, all I can read underneath is 'U.S.A.' Another bullet casing for my collection. Any ideas on what it looks like?? Lastly, a little bit of clad, rotted zincs and a cobalt Noxema jar. I tried to clean the lid from corrosion and dirt but it broke through and fell into three helpless pieces. It was quite deep in the ground too. Anyway, this weekend is supposed to have a very nice day, then end in icky weather with rain and cold. I will try to dig on the nice day, of course ;) I didn't include the nails or zinc jar lids and other trash, but just for the record. :)

GL & HH all!!

Attachments

• IMG_1862.JPG
    IMG_1862.JPG
    849.1 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 1

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Was there alot of trashy signals around where that cobalt jar was? You might have yourself a dump.

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments! White Akuma, yeah it was thrilling. :) MrSchulz, I hope that is the case. Seems likely because it was next to my garage way in the back of the property. I have been picking the surface with low sensitivity, after another round of that, I'll start upping the sensitivity to dig deeper. Weather pending of course. :)

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can try to superglue his head on, I found the exact same guy and he is a soldier carrying an artillery round. I painted mine
image-1036303819.jpg great find

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Thanks for the ID on that Wheatfinder13! I might try the super glue idea too. It was funny and strange because in 2012 I found two 'bodies', this lead figurine and what appears to be a trophy top...possibly for volleyball or tennis(woman's body) and BOTH were missing their heads :O Anyway, thanks again for posting this! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread