Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not a Buff, "V", war to be found :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:---BUT_______ these will do just fine :laughing7::laughing7: IMG_2797.JPG IMG_2798.JPG IMG_2799.JPG IMG_2800.JPG IMG_2801.JPG IMG_2802.JPG IMG_2803.JPG IMG_2804.JPG IMG_2805.JPG IMG_2806.JPG IMG_2807.JPG 95P long die crack rim through face to hair bow, 96P reverse die gouge, 95P greaser with nice die chip lump. also did 2 boxes of halves plus a dime box ---they were :BangHead::BangHead: SKUNK

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be better if you posted one coin at a time. You mention 3 coins but have photos of four. When people have to try to pick out which coin is which most people will just pass over the posting.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the MAD (off center) should be obvious. the other 3 are to hopefully teach the viewer to look for what the defect is and then have it confirmed by my post. finding an error is a simple test of what is wrong with a coin and deducing the reason of how it could happen. PMD should always be the 1st test, then go from there. I am no expert, but errors are a constant learning vector with a straight line ramping upward. just sharing as I learn.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm definitely learning about errors and never heard of a die gouge. To me it just looks like a scratch on the last picture. Is that 1980 misaligned die worth anything? I only thought ones that have stuff missing where worth a small premium.

How many more boxes are left in this "stash" you have?

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
die gouge is 1st photo--the raised line moving from N to N. last pic is just to show both sides of each coin. the MAD's sell for a few bucks and I only pull the coins with cropped letters. 5th photo is a nice die chip which shows as a raised "lump" along with the rivulets of grease flow. I have 6 boxes in hand with 14 still at the bank, will grab a few more this week. HH
I'm definitely learning about errors and never heard of a die gouge. To me it just looks like a scratch on the last picture. Is that 1980 misaligned die worth anything? I only thought ones that have stuff missing where worth a small premium.

How many more boxes are left in this "stash" you have?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the MAD (off center) should be obvious. the other 3 are to hopefully teach the viewer to look for what the defect is and then have it confirmed by my post. finding an error is a simple test of what is wrong with a coin and deducing the reason of how it could happen. PMD should always be the 1st test, then go from there. I am no expert, but errors are a constant learning vector with a straight line ramping upward. just sharing as I learn.
Ok, let's try this another way. I'm not arguing with you. As a long time member on this and other forums I can tell you when you show many pictures together and list several errors most people will move on instead of straining their eyes. List one post at a time for each coin. If you are trying to teach others it will be easier to get them to look that way. You responded the first one was a MAD which was self explanatory. Not if you're new to error coins. The MAD may have a slight increase in value, but the rest are actually quite common and rarely have any increased value. I also understand you are new to errors and varieties. I'm not. Just trying to help.

HH
enamel7

Last edited:

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to agree that better placement of pics would be more reader-friendly. Since the errors aren't all immediately apparent, I found myself confused which were which.

It's pretty simple (and much more helpful) to align things like this:

(Caption)

attachment.php

(Caption)

attachment.php

(Caption)

attachment.php

(Caption)

You get the idea. Just trying to avoid confusion and assist those also learning about errors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions