Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Longitude, the 180 degrees E or W of a fixed point on Earth, does not fluctuate; nor does latitude (zero to ninty degrees) fluctuate as measured from the Equator to the Poles.
As has been mentioned above, the point from where longitude is measured (zero degrees east and west) can be anywhere--and has varied with different cultures. Today we use the degrees East or West from Greenwich, England.

Also mentioned above is that fact that the Magnetic North Pole is not a fixed point, but fluctuates with time and location. To determine the variance of the magnetic longitude of your position relative to a previous time, you need to know the total deviation of the true NP from the MNP at that spot from the previous date to today's date. Charts will normally show that annual deviation and you can guesstimate from there. Others on this board are far more able to be more percise than I, and I look forward to reading their responses.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Light refraction through the atmosphere has changed over the years due to global warming, pollution, the use of propellants in aerosols (darn hairspray manufacturers!) and may also have affected recording of Lat. and Long. during early surveys when celestial bodies were viewed through a sextant."

This is a myth.no scientific data to back it up.do you believe everything the media has to say?

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/main.htm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread