Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Lazy Bleep'n Bleeps

I swear if we get one more re-boxed dump I'm gonna scream!! Especially when the boxed is SEALED!!! It was sealed with the regular Brinks brown tape. I opened it & saw no enders on top but then I started picking up rolls to look on the bottom & the other side had been unrolled & just folded over as if they just slid them right back in the same roll. Upon closer inspection many of the rolls were practically ripped open & coins almost falling out. We have been getting sooo many of these re-boxed dumps & I am sick of Brinks delivering them to the bank like this. I mean, at least if they're all machine rolled & still in tact there's some kind of chance we'll get silver but noooooo they gotta make me pissed off. I hope McDonald's drops their hamburger on the floor, steps all over it, & then just wraps it back up in the same wrapper & hands it to them. ROAR!!! Sorry I am just furious. :sadsmiley::BangHead:

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You're making me nervous now, I get 2 more boxes of Brinks tomorrow and wondering whats going to be inside. We'll see. Maverick.

OP
OP
Mrs.CRH

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well we've been getting a lot of re-boxed dumps through one of our pick-up banks but not the other. The other has been very steady & good to us...until today. I'm scared to get the other box tomorrow. I will cry LOL I just wish that they'd at least give us a chance to get silver by mixing those dumps in with all the other coins to machine roll them & box them up brand new for us. At least I wouldn't be sitting there totally defeated. How hard is it to take the dumps to their sorting facility & mix them all in?? Instead they just put some tape on the dump box & bring it to our bank for our order! LAZY

OP
OP
Mrs.CRH

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If you get silver just send me some ;)

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
You don't bother checking the "dumps"? If not, why? Hunters miss dirty rims from time to time. Some old hunters insist there is no silver after '64. You have the coins, it would take you 15 min. to check.

OP
OP
Mrs.CRH

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh I definitely still checked them! Still a big fat ugly skunk.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I hit tons of different banks, asking for halves, tellers usually have a few but never gotten any silver. I stopped at a local credit union when I was on a picking trip yesterday and picked up $20 in CWR of pennies, all the rolls were marked and taped, so I thought I had someone elses dump. Go to find but it was loaded with copper, even yielding a 1917 P Wheat Cent. So I don't always get worried when I see signs of being searched.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swear if we get one more re-boxed dump I'm gonna scream!! Especially when the boxed is SEALED!!! It was sealed with the regular Brinks brown tape. I opened it & saw no enders on top but then I started picking up rolls to look on the bottom & the other side had been unrolled & just folded over as if they just slid them right back in the same roll. Upon closer inspection many of the rolls were practically ripped open & coins almost falling out. We have been getting sooo many of these re-boxed dumps & I am sick of Brinks delivering them to the bank like this. I mean, at least if they're all machine rolled & still in tact there's some kind of chance we'll get silver but noooooo they gotta make me pissed off. I hope McDonald's drops their hamburger on the floor, steps all over it, & then just wraps it back up in the same wrapper & hands it to them. ROAR!!! Sorry I am just furious. :sadsmiley::BangHead:

Hmm.....darn, they are getting smart!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't recieved any, but I've heard of people getting boxes that the person just slit the side of the roll, edge check, and then taped the side back up so it looks like it has never been searched, that would upset me too. Maverick.

OP
OP
Mrs.CRH

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah we've gotten those too in a loomis box (at a brinks pick up bank) with the edges slit for edge checking & a piece of tape over it to barely hold it together. I swear we are the king & queen of getting re-boxed dumps.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I dump all my coins into BOA so I have never gotten any halves from them but I figured I would try because I do OK with dimes and nickels from them. When I went to pick up the box the Vault Teller wasn't there but the other woman who handles it when she isn't was and she told me that they had a box of halves that someone took and went through and then brought them right back after opening them, she said, "I don't think you want those right?" I was like no I'd rather not, have someone's dumps so she said she would tell the VT to order me another one. I called today and the VT didn't order me a box because the dump box was still sitting there. I don't want to take it and help out the fool who is bringing his boxes right back be able to get another one while I get his dumps. She said she would order me a new one Fri for Mon and I told her I wouldn't bring back any boxes they get me.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I dump all my coins into BOA so I have never gotten any halves from them but I figured I would try because I do OK with dimes and nickels from them. When I went to pick up the box the Vault Teller wasn't there but the other woman who handles it when she isn't was and she told me that they had a box of halves that someone took and went through and then brought them right back after opening them, she said, "I don't think you want those right?" I was like no I'd rather not, have someone's dumps so she said she would tell the VT to order me another one. I called today and the VT didn't order me a box because the dump box was still sitting there. I don't want to take it and help out the fool who is bringing his boxes right back be able to get another one while I get his dumps. She said she would order me a new one Fri for Mon and I told her I wouldn't bring back any boxes they get me.

Just take the box. You can dump it the next day, and the tellers at the bank will be happier.

OP
OP
Mrs.CRH

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the good news is that my other box from the same location wasn't a re-boxed dump so it saved me some tears! I can be happy now! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread