Dump and Pickup Same Provider

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently joined a CU to help give me more options for dumping coin. Along with my regular bank, I have couple branches near me I can use for dump banks.

My pickup back I do not have an account at, however I am there every day as part of my job.

After joining the CU, I discovered (today) that they used the same courier (Brinks) as both my regular bank and my pickup bank.

Question: Do you think it's worth it to try to find a pickup or dump bank that uses a different courier than Brinks, or, in the long run, do you think it doesn't really matter? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Technically speaking, you'll be better off statistically to dump into a different source than from which you buy. However, if you're searching 2-4 boxes a week or less, that statistical advantage is likely negligible even for rarely circulated coins like halves. For dimes, cents and nickels I'd almost guarantee that it really wouldn't matter.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I dump and pickup at brinks. I also pickup at three different banks that have CWR. I've came across one of my coins, and thats is. On a general week I do around 4 boxes a week. sometimes half a box, sometimes 10 boxes. Just depends

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the long run it doesn't matter big or small volume. I do a minimum of 100 boxes every month, usually 150+ and routinely my best boxes are from my biggest dump bank.

Rule of thumb to not piss off the tellers is to use different branches for supply and dump, I would say that is more essential.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread