Lazy reroller

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Picked up my boxes today and all but 1 were repacked dumps. Not a big deal, happens, never happy to see it but part of the game. The really amazing part to me was that the rolls were slit down the side which is normal for me to find, but the guy didn't even bother to retape the rolls? Pretty amazing. At least tape the dang rolls...

The 1 box that had MWR's in it gave up a lone 40%er and an Ecuadorean half.

Good news is that I bought a roll of silver Rosie's off Ebay earlier in the week for a total of $52. I was sure when they showed up they were going to be half clad and I'm the sucker but they showed up today and sure enough, 50 silver Rosies. Also bought 2 common date Standing Liberty quarters, 1 VF35, 1 VF40, for $5 each. Any time I can find SLQ's in reasonable condition it's hard for me not to pick them up.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Those were some great ebay deals. I agree with you about the SLQ's. I got some SLQ's on ebay earlier this year myself including a roll of SLQ's in one auction for slightly over melt value. The seller didn't provide very good pics but I could tell most appeared dateless but I could see a few in the pics with dates so I figured if I could get them for close to spot price it would be a good deal and maybe I might get a couple of nice ones in the mix. Well I did get a couple of decent ones in maybe VG/VG+ condition but I was kinda surprised more of them than I thought (17 or 18) had legible dates (just common dates).

And if I ever get coins from ebay that aren't as described or pictured then I contact the seller first to get an explanation and if I still think the seller was wrong and they aren't willing to make the situation right then I contact ebay. Usually I can get the matter resolved with the seller but I remember one time a few years ago I bought a few '55 Ben Franklin half dollars on ebay that were supposed to be in nice Unc condition. The seller used some stock pics of the coins he was selling but the coins I received were heavily tarnished ugly coins and not in Unc condition as he described (I even got an opinion on the coins from my LCS as confirmation).

I cant remember now if the seller mentioned in the item description that he was using a stock photo or not but the coins I received were not in Unc condition as described or as pictured even if he stated he was using a stock pic. I remember when I contacted the seller about this after I got my coins he had no interest in my opinion and refuted my claims and was not willing to offer a refund or at least partial refund. So I contacted ebay and I got a full refund of my money from ebay and got to keep the coins which I was not expecting. It was just a few coins but it sure wound up being an unexpectedly good deal for me (other than wasting some of my time and being a bit of a hassle).

RVA Hunting

Greenie
Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Picked up my boxes today and all but 1 were repacked dumps. Not a big deal, happens, never happy to see it but part of the game. The really amazing part to me was that the rolls were slit down the side which is normal for me to find, but the guy didn't even bother to retape the rolls? Pretty amazing. At least tape the dang rolls...

The 1 box that had MWR's in it gave up a lone 40%er and an Ecuadorean half.

Good news is that I bought a roll of silver Rosie's off Ebay earlier in the week for a total of $52. I was sure when they showed up they were going to be half clad and I'm the sucker but they showed up today and sure enough, 50 silver Rosies. Also bought 2 common date Standing Liberty quarters, 1 VF35, 1 VF40, for $5 each. Any time I can find SLQ's in reasonable condition it's hard for me not to pick them up.

Was reading through old post and picked this box up yesterday 270 worth should have known I was getting nothing after seeing the top of the box. This person was so good I did not even the tape at first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread