LC, buttons.......and tons of iron!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to a spot I've been pounding for what seems like an eternity. Started off slow with usual iron recoveries falsing into high tones. Don't mind that here since it seems like it's creating new good signals getting it out of the way.

Half way through the hunt I got a bouncy reading on the screen but it sounded better than it looked. This ended up being a button. Milled aound a little more in that area and found more lead, iron, ect. Figured I'd head towards the truck and when I was down in the spring area I got a signal thay stopped me in my tracks. In between the iron there was a fluctuating high tone but it sounded like a coin and was reading 10" deep on the meter. I had a hunch this would be another copper and sure enough about 8" down was a beautiful 1831 large cent in the hole!

This is the 6th copper from this site and 4 FTY. Just going to start digging every target including iron. Got another nice coin like signal walking up the hill to leave and got another button. Only old coins here have been largies and a shield nickel.... and majority of relics are buttons. Not one indian head penny. Very strange IMO.

Thanks for looking and hope everyone had a great weekend to hunt!

20180218_191919.jpg
20180218_191352.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 18
Very nice! You're on a roll with those deep LC's, keep it going. Congrats!!

Congratualtions on the old copper! :icon_thumleft:

Beautiful old stuff!

What a beauty, well done:occasion14:

Great finds! Jealous in New York! :hello2::occasion14:

I highly doubt I get the year off of my largie today. I found 2 1831 largies last year tho, seems like a popular year to find. I've been on a Indian head drought myself. That shield nickel you found was really sweet.

Congrats on the LC John. I have yet to dig one this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back