"LDM" Tips and Tricks to Finding Lost Gold from Lost Gold Mines

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike a good example of that is the lost gold bar incident in the Pennsylvania mountains. Many proclaimed it was bull. Never happened. A friend found two of the bars and I found artifacts from the incident. Right where many searched before. Never say never!

Geeeebus Christmus ... don't tease us like dat. Link us up :D

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Sarge, are you saying you found this gold inside the Superstition's, or on the perimeter of the range?

Terry Soloman

Can't say where the Sarge finds his, but yes I've found gold and silver in the Superstitions. I Melted it down in in my glass kiln and came up with a 13 oz. silver blob and almost a pound gold bar and not troy oz. also found gem stone's. My guess is the Sarge is south of me just at the perimeter line. Just a guess, mean nothing by it Sarge.

Wrmickel1

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a little surprised by this post. As with just about anywhere else, if you stay on the main trails yes you indeed will run across your share of hikers and I suppose you could describe the trails as semi-rugged. That said, I strongly suspect the vast majority of people who post here who have spent time in the Superstition Mountains are folks who go off the main trails as quickly as they possibly can in pursuit of areas that have not been visited by many people over the years.

I don't live in the area, so don't have many opportunities to hike and explore out there, but over the past 7 years or so I've probably spent at least 5-6 weeks total hiking, exploring overnight trips out there. In all that time I can't think of a time when I came across a single person while off the main trail systems. Is Waltz's source of gold out there somewhere? I suspect it is (or was), but I doubt very much it was right along a current main trail.

I would never understimate the ruggedness or danger of exploring the Superstition Mountains once you get off the main trails.

Been in a lot rougher country than the Superstitions. Try western Mexico's canyons, Alaska's mountain ranges or even the streets of Detroit. There are people on all the trails and treasure hunters everywhere else. But there ain't no gold...

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeeebus Christmus ... don't tease us like dat. Link us up :D

CN,

Most of us that have been at this for a while, personally know people that have made amazing finds that you will never read about on any forum or in any magazine. I have been lucky enough to have met about seven people whose great great grandchildren will never have to work because of finds made from Mexico into the Southwest. A couple you might have heard of, but mostly they shy away from publicity.

Hunting Treasure and finding God are very similar:

A. In the beginning, you are not sure how much or what to believe.

B. Before going too deep into this obsession, you have to have a lot of faith, because you may not have the research skills, and you may not know anybody that has been very successful.

C. If you stick to it long enough, and approach those that have gone before you with humility and respect, you might find people you would never expect, show you pictures of, and tell you about the twenty gold bars they found in a cave outside........., the bag of gold coins in the old fireplace, etc.

D. Once you have been fortunate enough to meet some of those people, then it is no longer a question of faith. You know there is treasure out there. You know there is still treasure waiting to be found........and if you have that perfect combination of skill and luck, you might have your own chapter in the Treasure Hunter's Secret Book of Knowledge

Mike

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
CN,

Most of us that have been at this for a while, personally know people that have made amazing finds that you will never read about on any forum or in any magazine. I have been lucky enough to have met about seven people whose great great grandchildren will never have to work because of finds made from Mexico into the Southwest. A couple you might have heard of, but mostly they shy away from publicity.

Hunting Treasure and finding God are very similar:

A. In the beginning, you are not sure how much or what to believe.

B. Before going too deep into this obsession, you have to have a lot of faith, because you may not have the research skills, and you may not know anybody that has been very successful.

C. If you stick to it long enough, and approach those that have gone before you with humility and respect, you might find people you would never expect, show you pictures of, and tell you about the twenty gold bars they found in a cave outside........., the bag of gold coins in the old fireplace, etc.

D. Once you have been fortunate enough to meet some of those people, then it is no longer a question of faith. You know there is treasure out there. You know there is still treasure waiting to be found........and if you have that perfect combination of skill and luck, you might have your own chapter in the Treasure Hunter's Secret Book of Knowledge

Mike

Mike

I'll be going with option D on this one! :laughing7:

Wrmickel1

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHA

I have been through all of them. Even "D" on a smaller level (nothing to retire on, but enough to firmly set the hook in my horrible obsession).

Mike

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been in a lot rougher country than the Superstitions. Try western Mexico's canyons, Alaska's mountain ranges or even the streets of Detroit. There are people on all the trails and treasure hunters everywhere else. But there ain't no gold...

Never said there weren't plenty of other rugged or even more rugged places in the world - it's all a matter of perspective as one man's rugged is another man's walk in the park.

As to the rest of what you said, guess we'll just have to agree to disagree as I don't even see many people on the trails once you get more than a mile from the trailhead. As far as any gold is concerned, if you choose not to believe the evidence Sarge is willing to share, then nothing I or anyone else will convince you otherwise.

Best of luck to you in your endeavors

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry Soloman

Can't say where the Sarge finds his, but yes I've found gold and silver in the Superstitions. I Melted it down in in my glass kiln and came up with a 13 oz. silver blob and almost a pound gold bar and not troy oz. also found gem stone's. My guess is the Sarge is south of me just at the perimeter line. Just a guess, mean nothing by it Sarge.

Wrmickel1

OK.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread