LDMA vs GPAA

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and a hat!dont forget the hat!!:)

No hat on renewals.

But when you first join for $84.50 you get ........

hat-and-stickers.png

magazine.png mining-guide.png

pan.png snuffer-bottle.png

news.png dvd-starter.png

GG~

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The LDMA/GPAA may be in for some big changes very soon. Tom Massie(GPAA president) and family recently sold the Outdoor Channel, turned the GPAA over to a relative to manage and moved to Alaska. Lots of rumors coming out of GPAA headquarters (Temecula, Ca)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Massie bunch have been claiming up everything available around Stanton AZ lately. They've been BUSY! TTC

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry those are two different Massies. The Tom Massie family (GPAA) and the Terry Massey that made all those claims are not related. Different spelling unrelated families.

Terry Massey is a motivational speaker out of Las Vegas who made about 400 claims last year. He didn't pay any BLM fees this year on those claims east of the dairy on the way to Rich Hill so those claims are gone. No more Massey anywhere close to the Hill.

The Massie family (Tom) only has one claim around Rich Hill, the Lost Dutchman. That claim was made by George (Buzzard) Massie and his buddies in 1983.

uscphil

Sep 21, 2013
Salem, SC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have tried to join the gpaa but on their website after i fill out all my info it just sets there and spins and never does anything, I have tried several times. I haven't joined anything yet but the GPAA sounds good to me. I live in Taylors SC, not sure if there is someone to call.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have tried to join the gpaa but on their website after i fill out all my info it just sets there and spins and never does anything, I have tried several times. I haven't joined anything yet but the GPAA sounds good to me. I live in Taylors SC, not sure if there is someone to call.
Try going to a local GPAA club meeting first. The local clubs are free and if you like it, I am sure they can help you get signed up with the national club.

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
One thing I've noticed about LDMA membership is that when you go to a Gold Show and wear the LDMA badge, vendors think you have money.

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uscphil--you sure you are not on the Obamacare website?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone known is there is a claims list for each that could be looked at side by side to determine which was a better fit on a state by state basis?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone known is there is a claims list for each that could be looked at side by side to determine which was a better fit on a state by state basis?

No, it's not like that. They are two levels of the same group. If you join the GPAA you have access to all GPAA claims. If you join LDMA you ALSO have a GPAA membership, access to all GPAA claims, PLUS about a half dozen private, LDMA only claims.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gotcha, so where would I look to find out about western Washington claims?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can't unless you join. Only club members are allowed on club claims, but there is nobody out there checking for IDs so they try to restrict the claim info to prevent claim jumping.

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
claims usually are not listed in the way you are asking . It would be to easy for claim jumpers to profit on them . It takes a lot of research to find them unless you know some one . You can look for list on the net but chances are you won't be able to check them out with out doing paper work first with the owner . And be aware of scams .

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just cam back from there . I done some dowsing at Christmas on a claim by liberty for my brother .
Check with prospectors plus out of sultan washing ton . They have what seems to be a lot of the claim around there .

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That makes good sense. Ok how about this approach...anyone know how GPAA claims are for accessibility compared to prospectors plus? My PP membership expired yesterday, and looking for advice on all local clubs before choosing the next one or renewing with PP! Thanks:)

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That makes good sense. Ok how about this approach...anyone know how GPAA claims are for accessibility compared to prospectors plus? My PP membership expired yesterday, and looking for advice on all local clubs before choosing the next one or renewing with PP! Thanks:)
are you in Washington?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, just north of Seattle. A bunch of the PP claims are out in eastern washington, and I am just hoping for something a little closer that isn't our regular public spots. I enjoy bringing my wife out when I go digging, but she certainly appreciates the closer locations. Thanks!

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
are you in Washington?
most claims be it GPAA or Prospectors Puss , most all claims you can drive to but some you will have to hike or walk in a bit to reach the prospecting areas . But not to bad . I like the harder ares , the harder the less people that have been in to them . That's why I got my jeep and trailer .

mrlindeman

Feb 6, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We have the willamette miners club here and they are great. The gpaa claims here from what i have heard from long time members are overworked to nothing. Yearly flood gold pretty much. Your not going to learn any more than being here and learning on your own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread