Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I drove by an old boarded-up house down the street today and saw a guy cutting the grass in front of it with a tractor, so I went home for a while and drove back. The guy was still there, so I walked right up and asked if I could check the yard with my MD. He told me I'd better do it before next week, which is when the bulldozers are coming to demolish the house. We talked for quite a while and he was the nicest person you'd ever want to meet.

I went home to get my detector. I put in fresh batteries, grabbed a cereal bar and back I went. My first hit was a wheat penny by a big tree, so that was a good sign. I hunted the yard to death, and even thought the house was only 51 years old (the guy said his family moved there when he was 11) I did come across a few keepers. I only found one silver coin, a '53 Rosie, in the middle of the yard, and later I came across 2 wheats in the same hole, then 3 in the same hole a while later. All total I ended up with 9 wheats (1929-P, 1937-P, 1939-P, 1941-P, 1944-P, 1945-D, 1948-D and 2 1952-Ds).

I also found a few odds and ends, including what looks like the top of a flag pole, a small lock and my first ever lead figure that looks like an Indian..you can still see a few flakes of the original green and red paint on it.

IN5.jpg

IN2.jpg

IN3.jpg

IN1.jpg

IN4.jpg

Hope everyone finds a little treasure this week.
Nat

Upvote 0

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! congrats on the silver :thumbsup: :thumbsup: best of luck and Hh

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice Injun Nat...Most likely dated right around the time that WW2 was beginning to break out. Those companies turned to making bullets instead of toys when the government came knocking for help. Nice wheaties too! Good all around hunt buddy. Wish me luck, I am finally getting a chance to go tomorrow :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks you guys.

Kimsdad said:
Nice finds, Nat!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's like my hunt yesterday - 10 wheats and one 60's Rosie.

Yours was better though, 'cuz you got the Indian! ;D

Thanks Neil!

Missouri_John said:
Alot of neat finds are found after a house is bulldozed

True, I'll probably come back!

jgas said:
Nice Injun Nat...Most likely dated right around the time that WW2 was beginning to break out. Those companies turned to making bullets instead of toys when the government came knocking for help. Nice wheaties too! Good all around hunt buddy. Wish me luck, I am finally getting a chance to go tomorrow :thumbsup: jgas

Good luck!

Nat

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nat,
Congrats on the silver and all your finds. I'm glad you got in there before the dozer. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Nattie! Sweet finds buddy.....Love that Indian. Glad you got out and found some new ground. Keep up the good work! :tongue3:

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks my friends.

UPDATE: I went back today one last time..a big bunch of last year's leaves that was in front of the house was removed, so I checked it thoroughly in that area and found a 1950 silver Washington quarter. That made my day! The rest of my hunt revealed only modern clad here and there, mostly pennies.

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions