All Treasure Hunting
another Option an add in a local
Merchandiser under sporting goods

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd check with local gun shops that sell reloading supplies first.

rio nueces

Jan 25, 2010
Here is a excerpt from a sample ad from the site listed below. Lead is often bought and sold there, generally shipped in USPS flat-rate boxes which have a generous weight limit.
Every ad for lead I've seen there sells quickly.
When I called the scrap metal stealers...I mean dealers...I was told they paid 20 cents/pound for lead!!!

".....lead is from an indoor range and has been smelted into ingots and round muffins, each about 1 pound apiece. All bullet jackets and other dirt have been skimmed off and this lead is ready to go into your pot...it is range lead. I've been using it for years and under 1,000 FPS it seems to be just fine. I have screwed together plywood box that just fits inside the flat rate shipping box, so the Post Office should not be able to bust the box during shipping (you will need a Phillips head screw driver to get to your lead). 55 pounds shipped for $45.00....."

I believe in this instance the shipping box was a medium...so subtract about $11 from the $45 = the seller got $34 for 55 pounds. Real world prices.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

rio nueces

Jan 25, 2010
Oh yeah, the pride-fueled over-bidders at e-bay.
Dollar a pound, maybe I should start buying at 65 cents or so and sell for a dollar!
People who know, don't pay a dollar a pound.
But sure enough, not everybody knows!
Good info for seller.

OP
OP
P

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
first off you are lucky to get 80 cents a pound. I listed it on ebay. Mine is from wheel weights I got for free from a tire shop a buddy of mine runs. If it turns out good I might keep doing it far a few extra bucks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread