Leads Galore for my Arizona Friends (1874 AZ Town & Mine Guide)

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Leads Galore for my Arizona Friends (1874 AZ Town & Mine Guide)

I came across this book while looking thru Google Books for a research project. Google has been taking thousands of old books whose copyrights have expired and posts them in their entirety on the net. I have been using Google to research old schools, racetracks, fairgrounds and such in my area. This one was too good not to pass along.

This book was printed in 1874 and should provide many good leads and interesting reading. It is availible free at the link below to view or as a 25MB .pdf download. If one has a slow connection, individual pages can be viewed one at a time. For those with faster connections, the whole thing can be downloaded (legally) and viewed at your leisure.

The Handbook to Arizona: Its Resources, History, Towns, Mines, Ruins and Scenery - Amply Illustrated - With a New Map of the Territory - 431pp. (1874)

http://books.google.com/books?id=ew...er&dq=handbook+to+arizona&lr=&num=50&as_brr=1

Enjoy, now go find some nuggets!

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: Leads Galore for my Arizona Friends (1874 AZ Town & Mine Guide)

WHOA!! Thanks!! :o :o

DanB

Oct 23, 2007

OH MY GOD.....this book answered a lot of unknown answers that I had had. So much info about everything,with maps and actual locations that existed then which are completely forgotten about now. It's time to start exploring new locations......thanks to this book.
I read half this book in one sitting and just finished the other half of the book.....wonderful reading material.

Wow...thanks for the link......very helpful. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

db

srpnt

Greenie
Mar 24, 2006
Pasadena CA

IanSF,

That was very cool of you to post that.
Find any of the same for California? :wink:
-Henry

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75

Wow, thanks for the link.
This will keep me daydreaming for a long time. :tard:
Mike

JamesE

My download had only an old spanish map of the Gulf of CA. :icon_scratch:
somewhere around pg. 256, or 356, it says Tonto is Spanish for "Fool"!! :(
Say it ain't true, Mr. Lone Ranger, Have you been calling your faithful Indian Companion, "FOOL" all these years? :'(
He could'a had his own show ya' know'''. >:(
jim

Eppa

Dec 22, 2008
Dudleyville, AZ
Detector(s) used
Famous Trails (I Think)

Wow! Thanks for posting this! You are the best!

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ

The name of the author struck a familiar chord with me . Harriet Beecher Stowe , before writing Uncle Toms' Cabin interviewed a former slave on whom she based her "story".His name was Josiah Hinton . In the short form Josiah Hinton ran his masters plantation for him since the master was a useless drunk . Hinton went on to Canada where he started the first College that admitted blacks . Much like Oberlin College in Ohio . I have to wonder if this is a coincedence .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread