Learned a lesson today....

wharghoul

May 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD
So, I went around town about a month ago and ran into what I assumed was someone's dumps at 2 of the banks I searched that day. At each of the banks, the rolls all had the same person's name and when I asked if they were "all like this?", the tellers confirmed that yes, all the rolls had been turned in by the same person (the rolls also had check marks on them).

Rather than blowing all my crh funds for the day, I opted only to take a sample of the rolls, about $40, from each of the banks (about half of the rolls at each). Figured if I hit a little silver, then I'd go back the next day and get the rest.

Nonetheless, like I expected, dumps. No big deal, wasn't much to get rid of and that was two banks I could cross off my list for a little while until/if they re-seeded.

I made a mental note of how much I had left in the vaults at each of these banks and figured when times were lean that I'd go back and clean them up, get them sent back out to all of you. :wink:

I wasn't really worried about anyone else getting them, they had been in their vaults for at least a year and I was the only person in town that apparantly was using these banks to get rolls, seemed to me that the other guy was just using them as alternate dump banks.

Well, today was a lean day, both of my box orders for the day had fallen through and I figured what the hell, I've got a little time on my lunch break, so I might as well clean those halves out that I left at the two banks.

I went to each of the banks, sure enough, the same # of rolls and same person's name as before.
Well, when I came accross the first 67, I chalked it up as a dirty half the the hunter before me had simply missed. But how would that explain the 7 other 40%, the 2 Bens, and the 2 64s that I scored out of those 8 rolls? :icon_scratch:

I will never leave rolls behind again.....lesson learned.

Sorry, no camera at the moment.

Upvote 0

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rule #1: Never turn down a roll of halves. ;D

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Ay, I got 10 marked rolls from a particular Bank that had 26 %40 in them went back 2 weeks later they had 7 rolls 5 were marked as containing the particular Silver years, all of them were empty but the 2 that were NOT marked contained 11, and 6, one of which was a 64 ;go figure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread