Learning my machine

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noticed yesterday that when using it at the factory settings all I could get was some clad about an inch deep.....turned the depth knob to max and went over the same places and dug two wheaties at about four or five inches....(Garrett 300)....it air tests at six inches on max.....I realize this MD is out of date. Makes me wonder how much its missing a couple inches deeper.....also the pin pointer display will bring the arrows to the middle when you pass directly over the target, but the coil has to be moving over the target before it will register. Kinda hard to watch the coil and the meter at the same time. I'm still learning.......but thinking I need a better rig?

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
your machine will work -- are there better ones out there yes -- can you spend alot on a detector yes -- as you say once over the target the 300 pin points for you by the arrows coming together -- at first listen to the sound -- when you get a "hit" stop then slow down move but move slowly -- most of the older detectors and many of the new ones as well will require motion to detect items --however it might not need to be too fast in speed try differant speeds to see what works best fior your machine ,

if your looking for a upgrade that doesn't cost too much , is light in weight and works nicely --that has a numbers type display -- look at the delta 4000 by teknetics --cost $279 at kellyco (one of this sites supporters) --see the main log in page --click on their ad

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
plus 4 h is a little guy dealer -- with the personal touch * many folks say good things about him. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
m bryan

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
your machine will work -- are there better ones out there yes -- can you spend alot on a detector yes -- as you say once over the target the 300 pin points for you by the arrows coming together -- at first listen to the sound -- when you get a "hit" stop then slow down move but move slowly -- most of the older detectors and many of the new ones as well will require motion to detect items --however it might not need to be too fast in speed try differant speeds to see what works best fior your machine ,

if your looking for a upgrade that doesn't cost too much , is light in weight and works nicely --that has a numbers type display -- look at the delta 4000 by teknetics --cost $279 at kellyco (one of this sites supporters) --see the main log in page --click on their ad
Is there much difference in the 4000, 6000 and the 8000 depth wise?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread