Learning To Spot a Treasure Map

Infosponge

Jul 20, 2006
Too close to the border
Detector(s) used
They went that way <<<<<>>>>>>
And his dying words were "the treasure lies with Charl... Charl... Charlatan." ;)

By the way, I will save you the time looking up the word in the dictionary. "Charlatan" a pretender to knowledge or skill.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
And just how much are you going to charge for this class and where will it be held? Why not post this info about your class for all to see? Will you have copies of actual treasure maps to show the class or are you hoping everyone will bring their own?

If you want some good treasure hunting info you should check out this blog site. There is new information posted at least once a week and it's FREE!

http://okietreasurehunter.blogspot.com/

S

stefen

I'm interested in taking the classes...I happen to have some spare charge left over from my recent escrow of the Brookyln Bridge ::)

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
That's GREAT!
Here!
Please
Interpret This one for me >>>>

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 1,108

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
I might also mention that the three lines on the right are made up of "Spearpoints"
Notice,
I said "Spear Points"
NOT! "Arrow Heads !
The Spear Points (8 in each line) are one on top of the other(s) Forming the Vertical line(s)
This is but one of many, many, signs in the immediate area
This "Turtle" is one of two I have found so far
As WELL, AS A, large "lOOK -AT ME" Rock
And, all kinds of other symbols, signs, letters, etc
Most of which, I have never seen in Treasure Books (signs)

Attachments

• Turtle, NM.jpg
    Turtle, NM.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,072
  • Turtle, NM.jpg
    Turtle, NM.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,076

svongray

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2005
virginia
I BELIEVE IT MEANS DANGER THREE FEET AHEAD IN THE DIRECTION THE POINT IS POINTING! INDIANS MADE MARKS LIKE THAT TO MARK THERE TERRITORYS AND WARN OTHER TRIBES THAT DANGER WAS AHEAD! THATS JUST MY LITTLE VEIW! RED C GANG

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Capt.bill My interpatation is ,go slow, be-cautious of traps, turtles are famous for putting their heads in their shells when they get the jitters. Possibly be perpared to climb-up,in the direction pointed. Hum, Tumincari in March ! , peace.

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
"Turtles" are a sign of near by or a trail leading to,
A Treasure Site!
AND!
In this case, I did hike about a 1/2 mile farther up the mountain and I did find a second/another "Turtle"
Much smaller, he's about 2 feet long, but, an exact copy of the larger turtle!
I believe that way too much emphasis has been placed on and too many people have
" jumped on the band wagon" when it comes to Death Traps, etc ..
I personally know of FIVE (5) LARGE! treasure caches, that have been found
These are or were HUGE! Treasures!
The likes of which, the average person would say "No Way!"
But!
They were "WAY!"
AND!
They were [glow=red,2,300]HUGE! [/glow] finds! :o
My Point ?
Is,
That none of these, NOT A ONE!, had any "Death Traps" :-\
If they were ever going to protect a treasure these would have been "The Ones"
Yet!
There wasn't even a hint of anything like a trap(s)! ::)
So!
Next time you hear someone mention a "Trap", ask to see a photo or other proof of it ! :P

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
HEY!
"STILLDIGN" :)

I'm
"StillWaitn" :P

Will there ever be a Interpretation ? (Your's)

Be aware, that this map has already been interpretated by a
Well Known and recognized authority on Old Spanish Symbols/maps! 8)
Just waitn to see how your's compares ???

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
You're probably going to have a very long wait!

Poncho33

Greenie
Feb 6, 2008
Ola, dear Sir: I read your postings and you appear to be well versed in signs, symbols, rock carvings, and the interpretation of them. You seem to have a native understanding of such things. Pray that you may help me to understand what a carving on a black rock means. Please see the attached photograph of the carved rock. The carved figure looks like an old fashioned Catholic Church cross, like we used to have in Mexico several hundred years ago, but that is about all I can make of it. The right arm of the cross seems to be a little larger than the left arm, as if it points toward the right. I have been searching in an area to the east of Rio Rico, Arizona, in and around a place called Harshaw. I have some old writings from my great-grandfather that describes a land route in old Mexico to some place in what is today's U.S. This is carved rock close to international border with Mexico, on U.S. side. Is this carved rock a treasure trail marker or symbol, or route marker to a mine? If the right arm of the cross is a directional pointer, then it seems to be pointing in the direction of Fort Huachuca, and the Huachuca Mountains. The papers says that an important man, Don Diego Dolorosa, forced Indians to work in gold mines in that area. Please offer suggestions that may come to you. Thank you. Respectfully, Poncho Aguirre.

Attachments

• IMG_2161resized.jpg
    IMG_2161resized.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 702

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread