Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of those places you don't hear much about but it was a booming little concern back when. Established in 1873. Lots of silver, some gold and zinc came out of this area. About the only thing remaining is the old Hill Top Mill, which appears to be for sale, but I don't know what I would do with it. Also the site of what was probably Colorado's longest aerial tramway, 13,000ft., which ran up to the Hill Top Mine on Mt. Sherman.

Attachments

• 9-9g.jpg
    9-9g.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 9-9h.jpg
    9-9h.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 9-9i.jpg
    9-9i.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 9-9k.jpg
    9-9k.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 9-9j.jpg
    9-9j.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 77

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it nice and quit up that way?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was very quiet up there tamrock. However, lots of houses up in there and somebody made a livin sellin 'no trespassing signs' to em. About the last eight miles is all private property and they don't want you even steppin off the road. However, a couple of public campgrounds up there plus camping in the Pike National Forest. I was scoutin the area out for camping possibilities. Good thing about rich people, they got a place way up in the backwoods and the county will keep that road maintained.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been up that way in a long time. I look back to the later 70's when I lived in the area and wonder why me and me bud's never gave much thought to buy up all that land around there. Thoughts like that, just never came to us. Now days the thing is buy it all and keep everyone else out. I guess, we just thought it was just all to beautiful for one person to have? That's good the roads are nice. That's a big improvement over the past on those mountain roads.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the great pictures, RGINN.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool photo's! I bet there would be some interesting stories told of what happened there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread