Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am going to buy an LED light bar the maker is Genesis as I understand they are used on a lot of police cars has anybody ever heard of this brand before in which brand do you think is the best and why by the way the one I'm looking at is a 5 watt LED on each LED this is going to be next year's model the model that is out now all of the LEDs are 3 watt
I could not tell you about them ….BUT why are you going to put a light bar on top of your car ???????? Now i use LED lights in my home and garage and really like them they are bright..

OP
OP
dusty1530

dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well first off my car is a jeep and I go out to the beach fishing at night time and sometimes it's really hard to see obstacles on the beach with just regular headlights

OP
OP
dusty1530

dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will look something like this this is not my Jeep but this is something what it will look like

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141218_154326.png
    ForumRunner_20141218_154326.png
    237.6 KB · Views: 63

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt that top mounted LED bar will help you much on the beach. I do a lot of beach running at night here in the northeast, and I find a low mounted driving light to work the best. I like one mounted on the driver's side at or below the bumper level. I have also used the police car style searchlights with inside aiming control and an aircraft landing light bulb which is nice since you can aim it where you like as you like. I use an aircraft landing light bulb in the low mounted driving light too, they make a very bright wide angle beam. I used to get the driving light housings and aircraft landing light bulbs from J.C. Whitney in Chicago, but I haven't seen their catalog for a while.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Go with the low lights. Less reflection on moisture in the air in front of wind shield.
Check out Truck Monkey. Frank five star.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread