Led Zeppelin Concert Anyone?

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star
Well... I didn't win a chance for the reunion concert tickets for November 26th..

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/

But my wife was picked in a 2nd round drawing and she was notified yesterday. ;D ;D ;D ;D
We paid about $200.00 (US) per ticket and the payment was just confirmed.
We have 2 tickets waiting for us and the seats are in the middle of the arena, so where ever they put the stage..the seats should be pretty decent
She booked our flight and hotel and we leave on the 23rd (Nov) to London..
We will be there for 4 days..So no detecting trip for me...She pretty much has all the time booked up.
Plus no kids!!!!!!

I'm a pretty huge Zep fan, and have waited for this day for a looooong time....

HH
ZoSo71

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats bring your earplugs just in case it gets to LOUD!!! 8) aa

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
who did they decide on to replace john bonham?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:

I thought it was going to be his son Jason.

Mike

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
A rare opportunity...I hope they do the classics justice.
I hate it when a band reunites and either cant perform their own music or they change it so much as to kill the nostalgia.
Heres to a little silver and a little gold to keep us all from the gallows pole......Joe

OP
OP
ZoSo71

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star
Congrats bring your earplugs just in case it gets to LOUD!!!

The louder the better!!!

Quote from: hollowpointred on Today at 05:44:39 PM

I thought it was going to be his son Jason.

Mike

Mike is right...It will Jason Bonham... I heard Robert Plant talk about Jason in the past, And he's always said
"Jason cannot do what his father did". There was also talk about other drummers in the past
The guy from "The Cure"... Phil Collins... Clive Deamer..and a few more that escape me..
Jimmy Page said "Jason is a amazing drummer, But lacks Improvisation skills like his father.
Our riffs on stage was mostly improv, That's gonna be hard to do now."

I hope they do the classics justice.

I just heard last week on an interview with Page and Plant, That the rehearsals are sounding fantastic.
Plant thought they could never sound like they did before. A full 2 hour Led Zeppelin Reunion that sounds amazing

Plant also said "there will be no World Tour or anything like that" It's just a one time gig"

2 years ago when rumors started flying about a reunion. Plant said he hated doing big shows. and the Page/Plant
tours, was just too much to handle. He's more of a up close and personal singer now.. That's why Strange Sensations only plays small bars that are off the beaten path..

Jimmy Page said the opposite..He loves the big crowds and was pre-planning another "Jimmy Page w/The Black Crows world tour before this reunion came up.

HH
ZoSo71

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats...that is the win of a lifetime...may never get another chance to see them!!! Enjoy the show for I am sure it will be FANTASTIC!!!!!!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread