Leesville Road in Durham North Carolina

Adventure Wolf

Mar 28, 2010
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discover
I have driven Leesville Road in Durham County, North Carolina several times when using the back roads to go to Chapel Hill. There are several old farms and a house that I believe dates back to the early 1800s that all sit on private property, so I would like to take my metal detector to them.

I have no idea how to find the owners of this property and would like to link up with a more experienced treasure hunter to show me the ropes of tracking down property owners. I am also very shy and I'm not good when it comes to dealing with people.

dig4gold

Dec 11, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Minelab Safari
I live in Raleigh and I could try to help getting on those old farms. It's perfect weather right now anyway and it's a shame not to get out. Let me know if I can help.

Dig4Gold

Adventure Wolf said:
I have driven Leesville Road in Durham County, North Carolina several times when using the back roads to go to Chapel Hill. There are several old farms and a house that I believe dates back to the early 1800s that all sit on private property, so I would like to take my metal detector to them.

I have no idea how to find the owners of this property and would like to link up with a more experienced treasure hunter to show me the ropes of tracking down property owners. I am also very shy and I'm not good when it comes to dealing with people.

dig4gold

Dec 11, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Minelab Safari
That's why I spend a lot of time wandering out in a field digging stuff up! People can be so difficult.
Let me know when you want to plan a dig and we can get the permission stuff out of the way. I have an AT Pro coming soon and I am looking forward to testing it out!

Dig4Gold

Adventure Wolf said:
I could always use the help. I have a really shy personality and have trouble talking with people I don't know.

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
Adventure Wolf said:

The best way to do this is to go to the nearest county seat and bgin searching for property records, the people there can usually assist you. Also, you might try going to the local surveyors office. Most rural areas have only one or two surveyors and they usually know everybody.

Good luck, I love hunting old farms!

FloodCityKid

dig4gold

Dec 11, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Minelab Safari
I did a scouting mission on my Harley (pic below) and there are a lot of potential places to hunt in that area.
I still haven't heard back from Adventure Wolf so I may have to venture out myself but I sure would like someone to hunt with out there. Good advice FloodCityKid!

floodcitykid said:
Adventure Wolf said:

The best way to do this is to go to the nearest county seat and bgin searching for property records, the people there can usually assist you. Also, you might try going to the local surveyors office. Most rural areas have only one or two surveyors and they usually know everybody.

FloodCityKid

Attachments

• Iron Bat 1.jpg
    Iron Bat 1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 359

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
dig4gold said:
I did a scouting mission on my Harley (pic below) and there are a lot of potential places to hunt in that area.
I still haven't heard back from Adventure Wolf so I may have to venture out myself but I sure would like someone to hunt with out there. Good advice FloodCityKid!

floodcitykid said:
Adventure Wolf said:

FloodCityKid

Wow, great looking machine!!!! Got to love a harley. However, I have another suggestion, don't take it wrong, but when you start asking permission from folks, I would NOT be on that bike, might present the wrong image to someone who might otherwise let a more conventional person on their land.

I'm also gonna check with a friend of mine who was telling me about a big farm close to there where they let people look for arrow heads everytime they plow.

FCK

dig4gold

Dec 11, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Minelab Safari
I thought about looking a little more presentable and I probably will be in my mini-van.
Let me know if you get a good place to hunt around there.

If they say NO then I'll bring the Harley around ; )

floodcitykid said:
dig4gold said:

floodcitykid said:
Adventure Wolf said:

FloodCityKid

Wow, great looking machine!!!! Got to love a harley. However, I have another suggestion, don't take it wrong, but when you start asking permission from folks, I would NOT be on that bike, might present the wrong image to someone who might otherwise let a more conventional person on their land.

I'm also gonna check with a friend of mine who was telling me about a big farm close to there where they let people look for arrow heads everytime they plow.

FCK

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent heard what has happened here? If there is still time, I think I can go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread