Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....didn't know what to do with myself. With only 15 days left till I fly to warmer weather I'm just too hyper. Tore throught the housework , 7 games of Scrabble on the ICS site (won 5 and got blown away twice)and sorted some stamps but it didn't help. So in the pouring rain, which will no doubt freeze tonight I headed for a dig at a local park to try and wear myself out.

Sum glad youz had the boots on as the infield was a swimming pool and the outfield a quagmire.
47b8da20b3127cceb78082c2c48500000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2
Of course I looked on the bright side on this hazy day......had the place to myself along with being continuously sarinaded by the local flying wildlife. Man there was some pile of bluejays and crows around!

After sloshing around on the outfield for a while hit some of the trails around the lake and hammered out a couple of toastie tokens in the process getting totally soaked when digging under a tree a good glob of melting snow was deposited down my backside. This caused me to retreat to the field where it was relatively safer.

Thought of me late bud the Bardman who would be proud as a peacock at the gridding of the field. Easy when you can see where youz been and where youz at and where youz going to!
47b8da20b3127cceb78082cb45bc00000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Time for getting soaked...I mean digging was coming to an end as I had to pick Marie up at work. Driving home I did something that I very rarely do...picked up a hitch hiker as he looked very familar and the rain was really coming down. Through conversation I found out how I knew the bouy.......in my former career had sent him to the big house for b&e. Bouy had straightened up and changed since those days and we ended up having a good laugh about it. Next time I'll drive by!

Take for the day was a Nova Scotia pin, two toasty tokens and 34 coins @$2.69
47b8da20b3127cceb78082cf45b800000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
What a day!! great gridding indeed! Sounds like your wet friend enjoyed the ride but strange coincidence of your past meeting. lol Loved the story and pics. Thanks so much for sharing with us! Now get dried out and warm again!! :thumbsup:

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
:coffee2:Have a cup on Big Joe.
Nice looking pic's. Thanks. I like seeing other parts of the country.
Tenn. Joe

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hey Leslie

Thanks for sharing your pictures of the snow and cold... you are braver than i... i bow to you.

Your picture did give me an idea from the tracks in the snow of no missed areas... what if a device could drop flour or something white to indicate where one has hunted already... especially in forests it can get very confusing as you work around trees, nettles, and thick brush.

Nice coins too.

thanks for sharing with us

HH

Sanat

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Excellent method for marking your grid, Leslie!

You get full points for persistence. :)

I was thinking of the serial whacko on the news when you mentioned the familiar face... then read your next line.

Once knew a fellow who had a hitch hiker get the drop on him with a knife... the hiker says take me to such and such place, which was only a few miles further... he would have, anyway. So he did, and the hiker hopped out, never to be seen again.

Thing was, my friend was a real shooter. A full blown gun nut.
There were three loaded handguns in the cab, one in his boot, and three or four rifles in the back.
Wasn't much he could do as the guy had a hunting knife 6" from his ribs.

Good thing it worked out well.
AND for you!

Enjoy that warm weather when you get to it!
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread