Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Leftovers... I'll take it!

Nothing special here, but I happened to pull these within inches\feet of someone else's plugs! I spend a week every month in CT on business and a while ago I did some research and found an old park dating from the 1930's that is really close to my hotel. I've been going there at least once every trip for months now. Lots of modern $$ and a few old relics are all I have to show on these many trips, but hey... detecting is better than sleep, so my 6 am trips to this park before work are always enjoyable!

This morning I notice that someone else's plugs are all over. Not the best or worst plugs, but noticeable with some recovering grass. I got the sterling silver maple leaf pin within two feet of one of their plugs and a modern dime within 6 inches of one. I'll take it! The harmonica reeds were also close by. Not bad for a 30 minute dawn hunt.

IMG_20130925_074451_013.jpg IMG_20130925_074527_208.jpg

PS: If you're a tnet member that's been in a park in southern, central CT (town close to the shore) in the last week, PM me!! I'm always looking for someone to go with when I'm up here on my trips. Its a big park, so if those plugs were yours, there's plenty for everyone :thumbsup:

Upvote 3

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Shucks yeah .. I would be happy with those goodies, too! Nice recoveries!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the sterling pin is a good find.

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you! I was pretty happy when I saw sterling on it.

Found a ring at the park yesterday morning and saw it was silver colored in the predawn light. When the sun fully came up I saw it was plated, but hey, the excitement before I saw it was plated was worth it... so the ring did its job! ha Last night I pulled a Buffalo Nickel that has a clean back and crusty front, so I'll try and get a date off it when I get back home.

Still trying to figure this park out. I think its been hunted pretty hard throughout the years. The buffalo and this bike bell from an earlier hunt are the only old things I have found there. The park dates to the 30's and was a baseball field. I'm sure I'll find some pockets there and pull some deep stuff.

With more daylight I also saw that the plugs from the recent guy before me were not as good as I thought. I ended up fixing a bunch of them... dirt all outside the hole and plugs loose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions