Legal places to detect in Chester County PA?

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may want to post on the Pa. forum. You can detect state parks in Pa. Just check with the rangers for the off-limits areas.

Al

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
For city and/or county run locations , you can do this: Check their website , where there is usually a subsection for ordinances, codes , laws, etc... If you see nothing there specifically addressing metal detecting , well then there's your answer
. It must not be prohibited. :)

Last edited:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
endrisst01 said:
So me and a few of mu buddies have decided to do some detecting, but want to know we're doin it legally. I know to stay away from state parks, and always ask for permission on private land; but are there any known places that are safe to go? Thanks!!

So what made you decide to go detecting? Just curious.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So me and a few of mu buddies have decided to do some detecting, but want to know we're doin it legally. I know to stay away from state parks, and always ask for permission on private land; but are there any known places that are safe to go? Thanks!!

Metal detecting is open in PA's state parks. Just check in with the park manager. Check your state with the FMDAC The FMDAC

Instead of asking where it is legal, you should be asking where it is illegal.
All places are open to detecting unless it is stated it is prohibited. Listen to Tom of CA.

OP
OP
endrisst01

endrisst01

Jul 8, 2012
Thanks all, I'll try to find the PA specific site. All my friends are interested in doing detecting and we could ll use the exercise!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread