Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
View attachment 1422188
Facts for Now

Nice article, doesn't go into the killing of Indians by Indians as they came south and found others living there.

Did the Apache not warn the Spanish/Mexicans these were sacred sites?

Depends on weather they became Scared sites before or after a battle there. IMO Now if we are taking about burial grounds and the Spanish/Mexicans were digging them up (grave robbing) then again IMO, they got what they deserved.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Olmec in the Sups?

The Olmec seemed to believe in a god or legendary king that had the body of a human but the spirit of a jaguar. This god and a rattlesnake, which seems to have symbolized the earth, were often shown in carvings. After about a thousand years, the Olmec kingdoms seem to have lost their power. The platform cities were abandoned. And the fearsome jaguar-man was no longer portrayed.
The Olmec flourished during Mesoamerica's Formative period, dating roughly from 1400 BCE to about 400 BCE. As the first Mesoamerican civilization, they laid much of the foundation for the civilizations that would follow.
Is the head carving and Alter in Rogers Canyon an Olmec Jaguar Man? If so then the Aztecs were right when they said they originated in the north, and there was civilization in the Sups. long before we were told there was. Is this the area of the "Legendary Jaguar King"? look close and you can see the mouth of the man is also the mouth of a jaguar.
http://www.crystalinks.com/olmec.html

Attachments

• DSC_7248 face.jpg
    DSC_7248 face.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think he's winking at ya!

That one eye open is pretty intense probably ought to look that direction for the gate to hell! Nice head of black hair on that outcrop...needs a hair cut though...a Fred Flintstone trim...maybe a rocky bowl winkle cut ?

I like those faces in rocky places!

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roy / Oroblanco wrote: A parallel might be seen in the case of Barry Storm, whom was seen carving fake Spanish treasure signs in the Superstitions. Storm certainly believed there were treasures and mines to be found in those mountains, and spent a fair amount of his own time and money looking for them. Why then did he go and make fake treasure signs? We do not know - perhaps it was done to mislead other treasure hunters, or perhaps he was creating what he felt SHOULD exist, similar to the "pious frauds" of history, in which gospel books were written and signed with prominent biblical characters names, although they had been dead for centuries. These "pious frauds" were not written with the intent to fool anyone or for financial gain, nor to mislead people, they were done in an attempt to fill a perceived gap . In saying this, before I get a half dozen PMs from people misinterpreting that I am somehow saying the stone maps are any kind of religious thing, it is only as an EXAMPLE of a somewhat similar case. In other words, it is possible the creator of the stone maps was not trying to fool people so much as making something he felt should exist.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/467811-heap-proof-7.html post #102
IMO that is a Berry Storm sign, if you look at all the Olmec Jaguar Man carvings, none are like that because it does not have the body of a man. The Jaguar was carved as part of the helmet worn by the man in the carvings. Read the descriptions of the experts on the Art.

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL follow your nose.....

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he's winking at ya!

That one eye open is pretty intense probably ought to look that direction for the gate to hell! Nice head of black hair on that outcrop...needs a hair cut though...a Fred Flintstone trim...maybe a rocky bowl winkle cut ?

I like those faces in rocky places!

Eagle with spread wings over the face.......

Bird of Prey warning sign.....wings point the way.....inverted cross on one side......

Bingo baby......

Geeves be a good chap and please take us right to the centerpoint of the cross

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
IMO that is a Berry Storm sign, if you look at all the Olmec Jaguar Man carvings, none are like that because it does not have the body of a man. The Jaguar was carved as part of the helmet worn by the man in the carvings. Read the descriptions of the experts on the Art.

This carving site is nowhere near the state of Arizona. A few miles west of this particular site, in the direction the Jaguar Man is traveling, are a number of other quite interesting cat signs - more petroglyphs, a couple life-sized carved crouching jags, and a gigantic natural pareodolia jag. I doubt the art experts have seen any of these. I wouldn't say this region was Olmec-influenced, but these signs and many more nearby certainly have more of a "Mexican" look than typical Mogollon stuff.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diluting the question of an actual site within the Superstition Wilderness does nothing to promote the search of the area covered by this thread.

alternative to the description given above, why not post as just see this? as it covers the geological area of NM. (yours being the southern most in the range)

Tour: Cookes Peak

It is interesting though that latter artist copied what they had seen or heard.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Diluting the question of an actual site within the Superstition Wilderness does nothing to promote the search of the area covered by this thread.

alternative to the description given above, why not post as just see this? as it covers the geological area of NM. (yours being the southern most in the range)

Tour: Cookes Peak

It is interesting though that latter artist copied what they had seen or heard.

Well, we agree that evidence of jaguar cults can be found in the American Southwest, and might be an interesting thread of its own somewhere else. However, I don't see that it relates to the so-called Peralta Stones in any manner, so it seems prudent to get back on track with the thread topic (which is badly floundering, awaiting the Big Announcement from the movie maker).

By the way, the Cookes Range is indeed fertile ground for inquiring minds.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, we agree that evidence of jaguar cults can be found in the American Southwest, and might be an interesting thread of its own somewhere else. However, I don't see that it relates to the so-called Peralta Stones in any manner, so it seems prudent to get back on track with the thread topic (which is badly floundering, awaiting the Big Announcement from the movie maker).

By the way, the Cookes Range is indeed fertile ground for inquiring minds.

About Jaguars in the Southwest
Rare jaguar spotted in mountains of Arizona

I have seen Curly Wolves south Sierra Vista back in the late 80's, but no sign of Jaguars there.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the Land of Eldorado.......to the Apache and Aztecs.....The Spanish never found it ....:laughing7:.... or maybe they did ........

Clue4.jpg

There is more Gold there in that one valley, than is spread throughout in individual mines across the entire globe.

THAT'S how rich the Apache are.

That's why there is the myth of the Apache "Thunder" God.....

As the valleys, to a Geologist, seem to be created by a massive electrical concentration of geomagnetics......crafting the terrain, and fusing the metals into the ores there.

As all legends of creation in the Native Lore are made to describe The Creation......the travelers there noticed a Superstitious and ominous looking spire........the Bulldogs.

Such is the crafted tale of what these men could not understand......what they saw for their own two eyes in the shapes of the rocks.......and the marks that were everywhere.

This was no mirage......the rocks were speaking to them and that is what they saw and what they believed......that there was a Native God that watched over these mines and he was a god of Thunder and Lightning......A Thunderchief.......

Apache Thunder God.jpg

They saw Angels too I think.

AngelWings.jpg

Sombreros, Needles (even though an 'Eye' of a Needle is horizontal), and other places that are real landmarks to plot a mystical journey there.......

Do you remember his name.....? The Thunderchief who fought there?

They say the Natives all knew we were coming, and that they were waiting with open arms.......and had many gifts......until we became greedy and stole from them.

He led the longest war against the United States in its history, and led the greatest resistance to the Confederates that there ever was.......

You saw them go up into his Guano Mine on the show......where he got his 'Black Pepper' to fight with......

Why did they plant a Black Hand though and a Jesuit Cross?

......Mano Negro of the Jesuit Order was a sinister order akin to a group of assassins that killed anyone that interfered with their gold.

If that's the message that the producers want to take they can ride on the end of my spear into victory then......cause there is no Jesuit Order if they were banished by Rosicrucian Papal Bull, yet certain elements through history are really tied to these people and their ultimate agenda......

Why do you think they would plant those two obvious symbols.....?

They twisted the meaning to point blame on the "Savage" Natives to dress up the show......

To be honest that's RACIST AF

Whether the stars know it or not......those plants are cleverly crafted.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About Jaguars in the Southwest
Rare jaguar spotted in mountains of Arizona

I have seen Curly Wolves south Sierra Vista back in the late 80's, but no sign of Jaguars there.

Once I saw three lone wolves! Only one of them was a "Curly Wolf". I spotted them playing near an old pawn shop down south! I thought wolves were extinct but I do believe they made a show of themselves!

Could it be Ryan G's new show?

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah, It wasn't RG's show!

Here's the just released trailer of the new Treasure Hunt show about Travis Tumlinson with RG with his side kick Garmin! They had to find the treasure to save Travis's old apartment where his stone maps were buried!

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cactus -

Is it a riddle?
[play upon me] - Guitar or Guitar shape? Hourglass figure back in that time.
[you would seem to know my stops] could be frets (steps)
[you would pluck out the heart of my Mystery] the heart stone? Or song associated to it?
[you would sound me from my lowest note to the top of my compass] lowest note on a guitar is 'E' tuned at 440hz. Top off the compass... Well, if I'm moving east then that is the top of the compass, or it is a riddle for true north? NE?
I could be waaaaaay outside the box, but it's a guess that aligns with what is written in my opinion.

Tina

When I have answered to Tina how that riddle was talking about a harp ( musical instrument ), the moderator deleted my post #280 ( after OP request ) as an insult because has multiple meanings when adressed to a lady.
This event also don't change the meaning of that riddle
https://www.facebook.com/CaresOneNoVideos/videos/462847554570323/

White Heart

Sep 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1756922 View attachment 1756922
The stones, ? Reavis of course.

Elisha Reavis had a cousin named James who was know as a pervaricator and forger 1st class. Although I have never seen the "stone maps" in person, from the photos they look like they are fired. A kin to bricks.
After being found guilty in 1893 of trying to abscond with much of Arizona and New Mexico with a littany of forgeries on two continents, James A Reavis spent 3 years in the Territorial prison in Santa fe. The prisoners were used to construct the infrastructure of NM. Stone masons were building bridges throughout the state and in 1893 The Warden complained in the newspaper that they needed more masons and expressed disappointment that more of them were not getting in trouble with the law! The same article stated that the prisoners were making 20,000 bricks/week at the prison. James Reavis, like all prisoners, learned how to make bricks during his stay, adding a new layer to his repertoire of forging skills.
JAR did return to AZ in 1895 for a time after his release from the pen. Cousin Elisha died in 1896.
Has anyone considered that the stone maps are bricks made by James Reavis?
Attached is photo of a product of the Santa Fe Territorial Prison brick kiln, ca. 1890. I found it while repairing a brick parapet which had been added to a Spanish era building in NM.

IMG_0336-cleaned.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread