Legend of the Stone Maps

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get too much carried away with the "box" suggestion. I think that's a false lead.

The word "COAZON" is a misspelled word. Regardless of who carved it, they had the sound of the word they were trying to convey in their head.

The person in the manuscript is trying to translate a written, but not spoken, word as its carved. They don't have the benefit of the sound of what's trying to be conveyed. They are just giving options of what its trying to say.

I don't speak Spanish and I have a deep Southern accent. Some folks would say I don't even speak English. So bear with me here. If my pronunciation is incorrect just chalk it up to dialect.

The Spanish word for box, chest, crate is "cajon" pronounced ( Ka hun). The word for heart, middle, center is "Corazon" pronounced (co a zon).

Who ever carved the stones phonetically was, to me, trying to convey "Corazon" in which ever context it works for you.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked one of the guys in puchasing on Friday, a Mexican born and raised in Mexico City, to write down some of the words he is used to for "box"
I drew the picture and wrote the english word "box", just so he wouldn't misunderstand me, and he wrote what you see below.
The bottom two contain the letter "r", and the last word applies if one means something like a "jewelry" box or chest.

View attachment translation.bmp

cubo
caja
alajero
cofre

None of these fit the situation all that well, but there might be a couple of members here who would remember me speaking of and describing a wooden box about five or six years ago.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get too much carried away with the "box" suggestion. I think that's a false lead.

The word "COAZON" is a misspelled word. Regardless of who carved it, they had the sound of the word they were trying to convey in their head.

The person in the manuscript is trying to translate a written, but not spoken, word as its carved. They don't have the benefit of the sound of what's trying to be conveyed. They are just giving options of what its trying to say.

I don't speak Spanish and I have a deep Southern accent. Some folks would say I don't even speak English. So bear with me here. If my pronunciation is incorrect just chalk it up to dialect.

The Spanish word for box, chest, crate is "cajon" pronounced ( Ka hun). The word for heart, middle, center is "Corazon" pronounced (co a zon).

Who ever carved the stones phonetically was, to me, trying to convey "Corazon" in which ever context it works for you.

I don't believe it was carved phonetically, Old.
The missing "R" can be found at the top right of the UTS, where you must go in step 4.
The number sequence which begins with the "1" directly in front of the priest refers to the order in which the instructions must be followed IMO.
1...this trail is dangerous
3...look for the map
2...go eighteen places
4...look for the heart

Those working closely with me will know that this also works with "box" as a translation.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehiker

Maybe you are searching for this " box " which is a landmark below ( lower altitude ) the trail .
This GE image is the best which i can give ( for the moment ) .

Box 2.jpg

And from another source ( bing )

box.jpg

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Marius, but I already found the "box", which along with the map cross showed the way to the CP rock and it's own carved heart pocket.
That's where everything transitions from Spanish to Latin.
So now I am ready to see what the "FAUCES" leads to.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No...much smaller and miles away.
But I can see it on GE, since I know exactly where to look for it.
Got real photos of it too. It's like a stairwell and goes up to the next level about 6 ft. higher.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No...much smaller and miles away.
But I can see it on GE, since I know exactly where to look for it.
Got real photos of it too. It's like a stairwell and goes up to the next level about 6 ft. higher.

Show us a GE picture from that box .

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHA....not a chance Marius.
Too risky at this stage of the project.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So which one do you think might be carved on the stone TT ?

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So which one do you think might be carved on the stone TT ?

Alajero is a jewelery box, while cofre is a similar small box to store valuable items.

None of those words appear on the PSM's, it is just one of Travis's failure to understand them imho. Seems like Travis assumed the map led to a treasure box.

Homar

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,

I do work about five miles from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), and I am less than a mile from The California Institute of Technology (CIT).

I did come to you several times about ten years ago. I reached out to several people at the time, because my knowledge of the Stone Maps was very limited. I took in what everybody I spoke to had to say. Read what I could. FOIA'ed what wasn't easily available.

I base all my current theories on all the information I have collected from many people. Some of whom I agree with, and some I have come to opposite conclusions with. One of the things I have not done is spent any great amount of time trying to figure out where the Stone Maps lead to. As I have said numerous times, "I don't personally care whether the Stone Maps are authentic or hoaxes. I don't have any vested interest in them one way or another". If something jumped out at me, I may have followed that clue to a logical conclusion, but as I have also stated numerous times, I don't believe with all the known clues for both the LDM and the Stone Maps, either could be found. Over the years, so many of the monuments and markers have been torn down, moved, added to, and changed. Also, most of the stories have been embellished and even wholly made up. I choose to spend most of my time chasing down less well known stories. Stories that people have not been beating to death for a hundred years. All these Stone Map and LDM Discussions are just something to eat up down time.

Mike

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cajon, in addition to box, bin or locker also means a coffin. Or, so I'm told. Y'all........:laughing7:

Might fit better than some other meanings. Still can't get around how COAZON would have prompted anyone to jump to any of the "box" words.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
As I said though, it might be a wasted exercise to put too much thought into the how/why/what of the "DON", unless it is also present on the original stone as well.

Fun to speculate, though, isn't it? At the very least to exercise one's critical thinking skills.

For me, it is increasingly the who than the what that inspires, and fascinates.

And as for the fauces, I only say audentes fortuna iuvat.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun to speculate, though, isn't it? At the very least to exercise one's critical thinking skills.

For me, it is increasingly the who than the what that inspires, and fascinates.

And as for the fauces, I only say audentes fortuna iuvat.

I've put a lot of thought into that "DON", and some time looking for a manifestation of some kind out there to match.
I've also considered the possibility that it might be an acronym for something along the same lines as audentes fortuna iuvat = AFI.
But it remains a "loose end" that I still need to find an answer for, so speculation remains the byword for now.
Maybe the answer will be at the other end of that "fauces", and like I said to a couple of friends at work last week.
If you ain't bleeding, you're not giving it everything you've got.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread