Legend of the Stone Maps

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I would like to know if you were to find a site. Would anyone know how to lay it out. O. The stone maps I have are different than most I've seen. The picture that bill posted are like mine except you can hold in your hand. The ones I own are made from many different types of stone. What do you do with the numbers? Like 17, 55, 27 etc.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

what it boils down to is that nobody really knows what those symbols mean except for the person that wrote them (or carved them)...and thats the bottom line...
we can guess all we want but thats all we are doing...guessing

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been studying the symbols and know what a lot mean. It's the math I'm having a hard time with. Once I get that I can figure the rest out. The animals tell me what the traps are and the num compass bearings. The sites are all layed out the same. I see the same numbers here that you have out west. I just came back from Ca.last week. I went to a state park there and it was loaded with signs and symbols. Funny thing is that know one there knew it or wanted anyone to know

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an example
5f9cd8412a9d214d4dd572d02f4bbcf3.jpg

That is a crusty nugget! HAHAHA

That coating looks more like desert varnish. Authentic "Peg Leg" black gold nuggets have a coating of black oxides that have formed on the surface of the nugget due to the approximately 10%-15% copper in them.

Mike

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
azdave,
I read Ryan's conclusions. Seems Travis wasn't a hoaxer after-all and the stones now lead to very real gold in the Superstitions. Whew. Ryan did a great job convincing himself of that idea and perhaps a few others. I never want to assume anything so, are you one of the others? A tinny bit less skeptical or do you also suspect the "ground map" of being fraudulent? That is a very real possibility since nothing has been recovered yet, officially that is.

Seriously, warming to the idea?
Thanks Dave.

Ya mean they are munching on crow at the other bus station? Mark Twain did nail it didn't he?:laughing7:

Homar

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right abo ut false leads. There are some with the truth on them it's all in the color

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you really missed was the most important, The witch depicted on the Stone Map is on a pedestal same as the 70's witch pic, Very Important meaning.

Wrmickel1

2015-07-03 12.02.03 am.png

I thought that this was proven to be a hoax long before the stone maps and that some of the stone maps legend was interpreted from the rendering of this picture.The story and all the maps were debunked (supposedly) by the authors who researched it starting in from 1965 to 73? All the maps with tops, horses head,locations theories from 45 years ago. Its a news paper article in a pdf form so it takes it a few minutes to open.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb...rticles/Are the Peralta Stone Maps a Hoax.pdf

I keep posting this..... has any of the legend hunters read this old news paper article by Bernice and Jack Mcgee and its research?

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I read this some time ago. I believe there expert on it was a Franciscan who would no nothing about them, Since he has no connection to the Jesuits.
Wrmickel1

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a new day and I woke to find myself in agreement with my nemesis.
Yes, a complete guessing game.
Which is why all the chest pounding and bickering is silly.
No one is right and no one is wrong.
Until that one day when something substantial is discovered.

IT may never happen or it could happen this weekend.
Hey,Hal. I'm new to this site. I enjoy the story on here. I can see that there are some that know what they are talking about. I was wondering if you know of a man in fla.who claim to have broken the code. He use to have web site about this stuff. After I posted my picture of my stone map. I noticed the witch on it. Her face is white did you see.her?

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hey,Hal. I'm new to this site. I enjoy the story on here. I can see that there are some that know what they are talking about. I was wondering if you know of a man in fla.who claim to have broken the code. He use to have web site about this stuff. After I posted my picture of my stone map. I noticed the witch on it. Her face is white did you see.her?

Sorry my friend, I am unfamiliar with the man. If you do happen to find his site, please PM me the link, sounds interesting. FYI -POSTing the link is a rule violation if its a Treasure Hunting site.

I am not sure which photograph you are writing about. If you post it again and highlight the area, I will certainly take a look.
Have a great day Backwoodsbob.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry my friend, I am unfamiliar with the man. If you do happen to find his site, please PM me the link, sounds interesting. FYI -POSTing the link is a rule violation if its a Treasure Hunting site.

I am not sure which photograph you are writing about. If you post it again and highlight the area, I will certainly take a look.
Have a great day Backwoodsbob.
If it's a blog its allowed, if its a forum it violates the rules...

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
If it's a blog its allowed, if its a forum it violates the rules...

I didn't know that.
Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

May I ask what happened to Frank's post from last night? Do you know if it was it removed by the mods or by Frank himself?

Thank you for the help!

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks from me to on 411. Don't need any violations

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum BackWoodsBob,

Your on the right track. Just find the horse that secreted it and follow the shoe imprints. Right off the back side of the Priest stone map!
But be careful, you don't want to step on one of those sacred apples when they're fresh!

Just joking.

It looks like a piece of leverite.

This is an example
5f9cd8412a9d214d4dd572d02f4bbcf3.jpg

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Acid don't hurt it and metal detector want sense it. I was told it was slag from being smelted gold or silver. It's hard and heavy

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the man in Florida. His website was pulled a few years back as his membership fell. He was the man that found the historical Jesuit Free Mason documents explaining the system known as Infinity used for hiding treasure and gold mines (IE Peralta Stone Maps). I tried to contact him recently. He moved away somewhere and his number changed.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try smearing it with catsup and eating some French fry's off the surface. That's what Joe dirt did!

Seriously, It could be slag. I hope you don't live near an airport.

Acid don't hurt it and metal detector want sense it. I was told it was slag from being smelted gold or silver. It's hard and heavy

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

Well backwoods if a metal detector won't pick it up its not slag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread