Legend of the Stone Maps

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Yes , i believe Travis never had carved the stone maps which are at the Museum .
Travis just found them like he said . His dream was to find the area that the stone maps fit , but he never found the location , like many others after his demise .
But ... even if Travis would found the maps location , he had not enough info ( the stone Latin heart map and the stone crosses maps ) to locate the treasure . The stone trail map leads only to an old mine where all the stone maps were located .
Travis couldn't use the Priest stone map without the Latin stone heart map ( the heart 4 from the Priest map ) . When the Priest on the map " said " Busca el Corason , meant " find the Latin heart " .
All the stone maps are dependent each other , and is waste of time trying to decrypt every one apart .

Just my theory .

Marius,

Here is another theory........The Stone Maps lead to this heart:

You can follow the Stone Map trail, start to finish. The end of the trail is the heart pictured. It's most likely, that the Stone Maps were put together by using a topo and melding in many of the known locations of previous legends of treasure in the Superstitions. It's really a clever hoax. The more a person knows about the mountains and its many legends, the more likely they will be drawn in by the Stone Maps.

Just one man's informed opinion.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do they have a Easter Bunny in your part of the world? Let's wait and see what Crazy Jake Jr has to say about this subject.

But they were from my part of the world . I'm looking forward for the Crazy Jake Jr theory .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,

Here is another theory........The Stone Maps lead to this heart:

You can follow the Stone Map trail, start to finish. The end of the trail is the heart pictured. It's most likely, that the Stone Maps were put together by using a topo and melding in many of the known locations of previous legends of treasure in the Superstitions. It's really a clever hoax. The more a person knows about the mountains and its many legends, the more likely they will be drawn in by the Stone Maps.

Just one man's informed opinion.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Joe

The fun is how don't exist any heart shape at the hearts locations . The heart shape are only in the imagination .
And those who are looking for heart shapes to find the location of the stone heart map , they are only hunting ghosts .

Just one treasure hunter's opinion .

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe

The fun is how don't exist any heart shape at the hearts locations . The heart shape are only in the imagination .
And those who are looking for heart shapes to find the location of the stone heart map , they are only hunting ghosts .

Just one treasure hunter's opinion .

Marius,

It's always a little hard to follow your thought process. Are you saying the heart shaped outcropping shown in my picture is not where it should be........according to the Stone Maps? If so, how do your come to that conclusion?:dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,

It's always a little hard to follow your thought process. Are you saying the heart shaped outcropping shown in my picture is not where it should be........according to the Stone Maps? If so, how do your come to that conclusion?:dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

Joe

I know what I'm saying and maybe one day the Stoners will read/hear the truth . Also , maybe they will never read/hear the truth . Is a matter of how the game's rules are changing .
Now , about heart outcroppings . The only heart shape that inspired the stone maps author , is a big gulch in the shape of a heart ( four time bigger like is recognized the stone heart in the fields ) that has in the middle the Priest rocks formation .
This is the Priest

Priest.jpg

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is that priest stone at? How big is it? Nice work on it

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Undoubtedly, Travis had heard many a story about "Pegleg"'s exploits as a seeker of "Spanish Treasures", as well as Tumlinson family tales of other ancestors histories as gunfighters and lawmen. It's not really surprising then, that he sought to emulate them in an effort to add his own name to the roster of well known and respected Texans, rather than to be remembered as a small time car and chicken thief. Will the RG production complete this transformation ? We will just have to wait and see.

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone assumed that Travis was a savant (Rain man type)? Perhaps, (with an open mind) he did find a map, and part of the map that he found was emulated in stone; given the proof that Travis did in fact carve stones, perhaps he was testing what it would take to put a map on a stone versus an animal hide with the various stone maps? I'm sure this has been posed before. There is just a thought that I have in that many people have commented that Travis was not only uneducated but "challenged" mentally. He could in fact be a genius in disguise?

The treasures we hold are the History that lies beneath us.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could there be more stone maps to be found?Thought I might show a photo that may prove that there are more maps to be found.
DSC_7128 Priest Mine Maps.jpg
Those with Photo Editors zoom in on arrow
Notice they are placed in the center of a circular area and in shade of a shadow deer
Right side of picture you can see the Priest from the maps

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those that think Travis faked the stone maps , do you think he could have dug this mine from the solid rock by himself? Did he hike out here to climb a vertical rock wall to place those stones? This location is marked on the Molina Map as the "Meeting of the Priest", so now there is a way-point for locating the Treasure described in the Molina Document. Those of you with an open mind can study the picture and will see the natural stone Priests and will find they face each other and go from smallest in the center of the mine wall Spiraling out and get bigger as they go away from that center spot.(Same as the Horses do from just across the Canyon, the reason the horse map and the priest map are on the same stone) Look close and you will find there are natural over lapping stones and depressions that show the trail from the crosses of footsteps, circles, Squares with crosses in them, and hearts. This is a Natural Vortex created when these rocks were formed and are not carved, but a repeating pattern that grows as it goes away from this spot to cover the whole of the Americas.
Geologist I have a Question, What makes that center spot so special in the formation of the Earth?
here is the whole photo
DSC_7128 Priest Mine.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Sailaway those are doors not stone maps. Open the correct door you find what you seek. The keystone that links the horse and priest map into one the one map will show the final target Open the wrong door it sets off the death trap. The Molina map formula shows what door to open. You do know what the final target is?

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank does this mean that you believe that the previous photo to be the exact Priest mine of the Stone Maps? and does it prove that the descriptions in the Molina Document are of the 1560's mining efforts described in the church documents that sister Molina copied from the originals in Cordoba, Spain? What makes you think those are doors? What do you believe is the key to opening the doors? Why would you need doors to an area that has open entrances on both sides and above and below?, besides that those stones are on the wrong side as according to the lay of the square stones at the entrance that the priest are standing on, would make it on the other side of the formation.
Cordova Church.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Nicolás_de_la_Villa

Gold Cordoba.jpg could this gold have come from the priest mine? Do the carvings tell the story?

Would gladly let you attempt to open the door of your choice, with my Go Pro ready for documentation.
The climb to get there may be more than you can handle though.

Could the Priest Mine be America's own version of Stone Hinge?

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe

I know what I'm saying and maybe one day the Stoners will read/hear the truth . Also , maybe they will never read/hear the truth . Is a matter of how the game's rules are changing .
Now , about heart outcroppings . The only heart shape that inspired the stone maps author , is a big gulch in the shape of a heart ( four time bigger like is recognized the stone heart in the fields ) that has in the middle the Priest rocks formation .
This is the Priest

View attachment 1361419
Can you see the work on that stone. The dragon is looking to it right. I see this kind of stuff. All the time. It's not just a priest

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread