LENDING A HELPING HAND

PI PRO

Mar 21, 2009
deland, florida
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, minelab excalibur 2
LENDING A HELPING HAND

HI EVERYONE, GOT THE DAY OFF FROM WORK TODAY, AND GOT A CALL FROM A NICE LADY FROM THE VOLUSIA COUNTY HEALTH DEPT.
SHE HAD TALKED TO HER CO-WORKERS ABOUT LOSING HER WEDDING BAND AT A LAKE THAT HER SISTER LIVES ON.HER CO-WORKER JUST HAPPENS TO DO CHECKS OF MY WATER TREATMENT PLANTS FOR THE STATE, SO HE GAVE HER MY NUMBER. I TOLD HER I WOULD
MEET IN THE AFTERNOON TO SEE IF WE COULD FIND IT. IN THE WATER I WENT, AND 2 MINUTES LATER THE RING WAS FOUND. EVERYBODY WAS HAPPY, SHE GOT HER RING, AND ME AND MY WIFE GOT A BUD LITE. HERES THE PICS

Attachments

• ring retrieval 001.JPG
    ring retrieval 001.JPG
    282.5 KB · Views: 295
  • ring retrieval 002.JPG
    ring retrieval 002.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 295
  • ring retrieval 003.JPG
    ring retrieval 003.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 311
  • ring retrieval 004.JPG
    ring retrieval 004.JPG
    277.5 KB · Views: 296
  • ring retrieval 005.JPG
    ring retrieval 005.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Re: LENDING A HELPING HAND

congrats on the speedy recovery!

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska

Nice job! Question, in the water photo you have the telltale sign of a man who wears a watch or thick band on his left wrist, yet in the "ring" photo, the arm (presumably yours)--is baring what appears to me to be a woman's bracelet and no obvious watch or band tan line (my aplogies if I've mischaracterized the bracelet--no offense to you). Perhaps you found more than the ring under the water? Again, no offense because maybe it's not your arm in the photo, but the length of the fingernails added to my confusion. Florida freshwater is frequently gator country; any threat there?

OP
OP
PI PRO

PI PRO

Mar 21, 2009
deland, florida
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, minelab excalibur 2

hey ggossage, you are very observant. the 4th pic is me and another person that was there. once i located the ring i had him dive under and slide
his hand under the coil, because of the under growth is thick. and the gators are real thick down here. come on down and give it a try. the last pic is the ladys hand that lost the ring. :tongue3: :icon_scratch:

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pi Pro, what kind of detector are you using under water?
Nice job on the ring.

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska

PI PRO said:
hey ggossage, you are very observant. the 4th pic is me and another person that was there. once i located the ring i had him dive under and slide
his hand under the coil, because of the under growth is thick. and the gators are real thick down here. come on down and give it a try. the last pic is the ladys hand that lost the ring. :tongue3: :icon_scratch:

Case solved! Again, great job--that is one hefty ring...I'm originally from Florida, so naturally gators and spiders are to be avoided at all costs!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread