Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proud to be a fellow Oklahoman, born in the same part of the state. (But just a good place to be from, right) Talked to your cousin Tim today. We probably shed a tear or two. Glad I got to see you that one time, and thought you'd always be around I guess. Adios.

Attachments

• 11-14a.jpg
    11-14a.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 40

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw it this morning.

though I know the Name, the Songs I tried to listen to were completely new to me
& not my style of Music.

did he have any big hits ?

I do like

However I never head it before that I'm aware of

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well he had some good uns down there in the tri-county area where he started out, Comanche, Caddo, and Kiowa Counties, then when he moved up to Tulsa he had a couple played on the local radio station. Just goin on at you Jeff. I can not even begin to describe his career in this short space, so search him up in Wikipedia. I think you'll be amazed at this guy's history and music credit. I'm not, because all of us from Oklahoma are pretty much like that. (haha)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple I enjoyed as a young-n. I much prefer the early slower version of out in the woods ,but still....

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leon Russell (born Claude Russell Bridges; April 2, 1942 – November 13, 2016) was an American musician and songwriter who recorded as a session musician and sideman and maintained a solo career. He had 31 albums to his credit and recorded about 430 songs.

He wrote the song "Delta Lady", recorded by Joe Cocker; he also organized Cocker's "Mad Dogs and Englishmen" tour in 1970. More than 100 artists have recorded his "A Song for You" (1970). As a pianist, he played in his early years on albums by the Beach Boys and Jan and Dean. On his first album, Leon Russell, in 1970, musicians included John Lennon, Ringo Starr and George Harrison. One of his biggest early fans, Elton John, said Russell was a "mentor" and "inspiration", and they recorded The Union in 2010, John's only duet album, which was later nominated for a Grammy.

Russell produced and played in recording sessions for Bob Dylan, Frank Sinatra, Ike & Tina Turner, the Rolling Stones, and others. He wrote and recorded the hits "Tight Rope" and "Lady Blue". He performed at the Concert for Bangladesh in 1971 along with Dylan and Eric Clapton. In 2011 he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions