Lesche Sheath

wvmountaindigger

Oct 19, 2014
Mountains of West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Sun-Ray DX1 Probe, White's XLT, Sun-Ray XL1 Probe, White's Coin Master Pro, White's Coin Master 2900 Trooper, White's Coin Master 2DB Series 2, White's 120mm Bullseye Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wvmountaindigger

Oct 19, 2014
Mountains of West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Sun-Ray DX1 Probe, White's XLT, Sun-Ray XL1 Probe, White's Coin Master Pro, White's Coin Master 2900 Trooper, White's Coin Master 2DB Series 2, White's 120mm Bullseye Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drop Swingbot a note, he makes them and has pictures of all different styles he makes.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess that means no pictures and no web site to look at them

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess because the Sunspot Stealth scoop is so popular someone had to hitch a ride on the Stealth name.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty easy to make sheaths or pin-pointer holders and even finds pouches yourself. Get some leather material cut out a pattern and
use small black zip ties to fasten together or make belt loops. leather drills really easy. I have made a number of finds pouches
out of already made bags or lunch packs.I install my own strap and clasp.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rather than a sheath I have two rare-earth magnets epoxied to my finds pouch (a carpenter's belt pouch). That way my dirty Lesche just slides in a thin pouch divider and the magnets hold it with a solid "click".

How to you clean the dirt out of a sheath (or just not worry about it)?

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I snipped a small V notch into the bottom of my original Lesche sheath. It lets the sand and dried mud crumble out. They can plug up with crud.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya on that one! There are days I think it would be easier to just pull a trash barrel on wheels along with me!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
does anyone make a digger with a beerholder?

HaaCha

Greenie
Jan 3, 2015
Walterboro, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rather than a sheath I have two rare-earth magnets epoxied to my finds pouch (a carpenter's belt pouch). That way my dirty Lesche just slides in a thin pouch divider and the magnets hold it with a solid "click".

How to you clean the dirt out of a sheath (or just not worry about it)?

Take a long pipe cleaner (you can get some a craft store). Shape it into a "U". Slide it in to the bottom of the sheath trying to keep the arms against the sides as much as possible. Slip it back and forth a bit, turn sheath upside down, squeeze the center of the sheath and pull out the pipe cleaner. Gravity will help do the rest. Lather, rinse, repeat a few times and you'll get the majority of the dirt inside. I keep a K-Bar with me when I go out into the woods and this technique helps a lot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread