Lesche vs. Predator

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trying to be sarcastic but why not sharpen it. I use a hand grinder. Diffenent wheels for cutting shapening and polishing. I try to keep a good working edge on all my tools. Touching the edge up as needed sure makes digging easier.:icon_thumleft:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my lesche just the way it came from the factory...if i sharpen it id prolly cut my thumb off

OP
OP
T

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came to the conclusion that there was no difference between the Lesche and Predator. Slightly different models available.
I purchased the Lesche and it works great. Having the handle offset enables more leverage than the 7 in 1 Lowes model.
I did sharpen the 7 in 1 but it did not take very long to go dull again in this rock hard soil.

The leverage factor alone justified the purchase........saves on the aching elbow and wrist!

Tom

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I personally would have bought the Predator. Long story short, George Lesche owned Lesche then lost it in a dispute and after that opened Predator Tools. The Lesche digger is George's design... That's why you see Predator making one too.

OP
OP
T

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally would have bought the Predator. Long story short, George Lesche owned Lesche then lost it in a dispute and after that opened Predator Tools. The Lesche digger is George's design... That's why you see Predator making one too.

I would have but I sent 2 emails to him with a question about the longer handle model. No response. In the back of my mind that brought into question about how any possible service would be (if needed). So I went with the competitor.

true1819

Jul 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the predator tool. No complaints. The Raven is great tool.

mandad76

Jun 26, 2008
BAYTOWN, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SPECTRA V3i/BHID 300

Agreed.......using them for years....no complaints.

jim/wpb

Apr 2, 2008
West Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, F75SE, Excalibur, Whites Dual Field, Aqua Sound
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Go to Predator. These are made by George and might I add in the USA. I remembered some of the story, but looked and found this from George himself.

"Hello I am George Lesche and I would like to thank all my customs and supporters who have helped me and my family though these trying times. There has been a number of people wanting to know what happened. At this time the only thing I can say about it is that I can no longer use my own name on the digging tools I designed or even use the same names, colors or even our web page address that we had since 1998. That is the reason that my wife and myself started predatortools.com.
One thing that I can say is this is very personal to me now that each and every tool are the Highest Quality digging tool that you can purchase made on the original tooling that made the tools what they once were. Each and every one that I build will be 100% or it will not leave here. Unlike some other companies, I could have taken the tools overseas and had it made and then given it a American name. I didn't do that, I waited till I could rebuild using all American made products and saving American jobs. This is the only place you'll find the original quality tools please check out my web page at
www.predatortools.com Email address predatortools(at)earthlink.net On a personal note I would like to thank Pam for believing in me and the tools and giving me the green light to move forward. Thank you very much Sincerely George and Pam Lesche"

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Garrett Pro-pointer/ Stavr Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will only buy from George Lesche/Predator Tools. The current Lesche branded tools probably are not made in this country although that is only a guess.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Google up TreasureWise diggers. T12, T14, T10. Stainless diggers to last a lifetime. Also, because they don't look like knives, they are less intimidating to landowners and legal in all states. TTC

ELITE

Jan 1, 2013
louisiana
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the piranha from predator tools and works like a dream and is very tough. :icon_thumright:

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had a great sales experience with George. I made inquiries which were answered withing a couple of hours, and he made me a great deal on a pirahna with bells and whistles. Highly recommended business!

Silverfinder99

Mar 23, 2012
Jacksonville AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're hunting in rocky ground perhaps the new Garrtett Retriever might be the answer you're looking for?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread