Lesson learned.......

Digginbingo

Jan 8, 2012
Binghamton, NY
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to hunt my favorite site yesterday. Learned (or more was reminded of) two important lessons. #1... Dig trashy signals. I decided to dig all bottle cap signals. Anybody who uses the AT pro knows how bottle caps sound. I dug about 20 of them... then another bottle cap signal. I dug it and it was a 1948 rosie. I will dig bottle caps all day if it means silver at the end of the day.
Lesson #2.... Always rescan your hole. Got another jumpy signal about 10 feet from the last one. Dug it and got a wheatie... Filled in the hole and was about to walk away when I turned around and rescanned the hole. Another rosie, this time a 1947. All this from a area where my father, my wife, and myself have hit hard for a while now. The site just keeps giving. Here is a bad cell phone pic of the rosies, 2 wheats, and a cool old key.
Some quick history on the site. Sometime in the 1940's a local church bought the land and held sunday picnics there. there were also church fairs and jubilees. there was a pavillian and a beach. The beach are seems to produce best. In the past month the three of us pulled out 3 mercury dimes, 6 silver rosies, and countless wheaties. A few years ago my father hunted it when it was virgin territory (I was not hunting then) and absoltely killed it. He got 20 mercury dimes in a few hours the first day. Several buffalo nickles, a walking liberty half, and various other finds.
Sorry for the bad pic but my camera is on the fritz.'
thanks for looking...

Attachments

• IMG_20120208_140114.jpg
    IMG_20120208_140114.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 800
Upvote 0

bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites Bullseye II
Equinox 800/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I always dig everything myself. No telling what might be under there. I have dug plenty of crushed cans that show silver and find that I got a can. As much as I hate it I know that when I throw that can in the trash I wont find it at my site again so I am slowly clearing the trash out of my area. Someone in another thread mentioned that it is numbers and sooner or later you will find something good. I have only found one merc out of the coins I found. I have found horseshoes, an axe head, other misc relics that I liked and even an old pocket watch but no silver or gold yet. I keep getting reminded from friends that Kentucky was a poor state and if someone dropped a coin they searched until they found it lol. I would keep digging that area for a while. Happy hunting.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't say that I've never gotten lazy and not dug all, but the thought of what I may not have dug gnaws at me. It's the bending down and retrieving that can get to me.
Carl

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digginbingo said:
I went out to hunt my favorite site yesterday. Learned (or more was reminded of) two important lessons. #1... Dig trashy signals. I decided to dig all bottle cap signals. Anybody who uses the AT pro knows how bottle caps sound. I dug about 20 of them... then another bottle cap signal. I dug it and it was a 1948 rosie. I will dig bottle caps all day if it means silver at the end of the day.
Lesson #2.... Always rescan your hole. Got another jumpy signal about 10 feet from the last one. Dug it and got a wheatie... Filled in the hole and was about to walk away when I turned around and rescanned the hole. Another rosie, this time a 1947. All this from a area where my father, my wife, and myself have hit hard for a while now. The site just keeps giving. Here is a bad cell phone pic of the rosies, 2 wheats, and a cool old key.
Some quick history on the site. Sometime in the 1940's a local church bought the land and held sunday picnics there. there were also church fairs and jubilees. there was a pavillian and a beach. The beach are seems to produce best. In the past month the three of us pulled out 3 mercury dimes, 6 silver rosies, and countless wheaties. A few years ago my father hunted it when it was virgin territory (I was not hunting then) and absoltely killed it. He got 20 mercury dimes in a few hours the first day. Several buffalo nickles, a walking liberty half, and various other finds.
Sorry for the bad pic but my camera is on the fritz.'
thanks for looking...
...that's why the at pro suck for a garret Owner, just think of the money still lost because an At pro with their "tone audio roll over give me a break"said don't dig" I rather have the dam thing lie to me just to get me to look and see for sure......

all ways rescan...

Atpro

What a bunch of malarkey.

OP
OP
Digginbingo

Digginbingo

Jan 8, 2012
Binghamton, NY
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like my at pro. Its a pretty good machine. I guess they all have good and bad points....
Thanks for the kind words

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread