Let;s Play A Game...Silver or Not Silver?

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot (187).png

If you want to know the answer, this is a video of the hunt where I found it. Skip to 2:20 for the answer :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you must be fun at parties.

I didn't need to look at the video either. Just don't like any cheap trick to get someone to watch videos. Notice I was the first respondent in 8 1/2 hours. Besides, you said let's play a game and guess if it's silver or not. Were we not supposed to give an answer?

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't need to look at the video either. Just don't like any cheap trick to get someone to watch videos. Notice I was the first respondent in 8 1/2 hours. Besides, you said let's play a game and guess if it's silver or not. Were we not supposed to give an answer?

Your answer wasn't in the form of a guess. It looked more like a "I looked up the answer and I'm just gonna ruin it for everyone else" type of deal. But you say that's not the case.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your answer wasn't in the form of a guess. It looked more like a "I looked up the answer and I'm just gonna ruin it for everyone else" type of deal. But you say that's not the case.

I didn't respond in the form of a question. You need to explain the rules better next time. Didn't know we were playing Jeopardy. Here's the thing. You wanted everyone to play a game. Then you told them where to look on the video for the answer. That's not a game, just a feeble attempt to get looks at your video. Come on, this is pure stupidity. I am tired of this crap so I'm going to block you so I don't see this kind of thing anymore. The only reason you video folks are part of the forum is to get more people to look at your videos, advertising if you will. I don't understand why the mods don't see this for what it is. They wouldn't let anyone else advertise without being a paying member!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.S. In your own bio you list your occupation as "youtuber". So yes, you are promoting your business.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I like enamel7's posts...all of them. He/she played the game well and won. :laughing9:

I like the no-nonsense response following the OP's complaint when the game got trounced. Perfect! :goldtrophy:

Great thread! :happysmiley:

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like enamel7's posts...all of them. He/she played the game well and won. :laughing9:

I like the no-nonsense response following the OP's complaint when the game got trounced. Perfect! :goldtrophy:

Great thread! :happysmiley:

Yes, he certainly played well. It's a shame he won't be seeing my posts anymore though. I could always count on a debate with him after posting here, and now I won't get that anymore :dontknow: Oh well, I guess that's just how it goes.

Getter

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, he certainly played well. It's a shame he won't be seeing my posts anymore though. I could always count on a debate with him after posting here, and now I won't get that anymore :dontknow: Oh well, I guess that's just how it goes.

He did seem to have valid points, clickbait for promoting your video.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting back to the original question. Answer could go BOTH WAYS, cuz in 1942 they made in the first part of the year, the original style of nic/copper, then later on the SILVER coin came out the LARGE mint mark over the dome. So, the one with the LARGE MINT MARK is silver, the other is not. What was so difficult about that, end of contest. And NO, I can't pull up the video for the answer.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting back to the original question. Answer could go BOTH WAYS, cuz in 1942 they made in the first part of the year, the original style of nic/copper, then later on the SILVER coin came out the LARGE mint mark over the dome. So, the one with the LARGE MINT MARK is silver, the other is not. What was so difficult about that, end of contest. And NO, I can't pull up the video for the answer.

Well his question was to guess whether it was a silver or normal for that year. Guess he'll never be a cruise activities director!

Scott W

Feb 7, 2011
Just a wild guess, but I'm pretty sure he didn't have to 'look up' the answer.
It is equally doubtful he needed to look at your video.
Lastly, there was nothing to ruin for anyone else. I believe everyone here knows what a war nickel is.
If you want to post something kool, find a Henning nickel. I may look at a video of that.
I doubt it, though.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
The only reason you video folks are part of the forum is to get more people to look at your videos, advertising if you will. I don't understand why the mods don't see this for what it is. They wouldn't let anyone else advertise without being a paying member!

Valid point. Mods, care to weigh in?

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a wild guess, but I'm pretty sure he didn't have to 'look up' the answer.
It is equally doubtful he needed to look at your video.
Lastly, there was nothing to ruin for anyone else. I believe everyone here knows what a war nickel is.
If you want to post something kool, find a Henning nickel. I may look at a video of that.
I doubt it, though.

Trust me man I got my eyes peeled. And by "look up the answer" I meant look at my video to get the answer. I'm not sure how you could answer with 100% confidence without seeing the video, but Enamel's answer implied 100% certainty.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure. People often post videos of their hunts on hosting sites like Youtube. We do not have the capacity to host the video's ourselves. This is just my opinion but if you do not want to watch someones video then just ignore it and move to something that is of interest to you. i never feel the need to have to make a comment. Some people want the clicks on their videos. Their is hardly any monetization on youtube anymore unless you have hundreds of thousand followers.
My opinion just skip it and do not watch if you do not want to.
Look in Todays Finds. Many people post their hunts. I have seen people post their coin roll finds and have seen videos in here of people searching the rolls?
Just skip it! :)

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I definitely will! My complaint was it's getting to the point that some people are using any method they can to get you to watch them. Most of us are fine with the video so long as they have pics to go along with it. Some people have plans that they can't waste resources opening videos. I told a guy last week to post pics and he said no watch the video. I put him on ignore.
I realize some post in today's finds. What I'm saying is some of these guys could care less about this hobby. I've seen videos where some of these guys are posting videos. They try to come across as experts when the majority do not have a clue about coins. That's what gets my goat. You know, like announcing a guessing contest and telling you to look at a video to get the answer. I didn't have to look by the way. I know what silver looks like.
One last thing. I have saw one of these youtubers actually asking people to send him money so he could keep making videos and tell them all of his expert knowledge about seemingly every subject under the sun!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Valid point. Mods, care to weigh in?

some people enjoy making videos. not against TreasureNet rules.
But we do Prefer Videos be set to open so they can be seen
so we can tell the difference between treasure hunting videos and spam before we click on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some people enjoy making videos. not against TreasureNet rules.
But we do Prefer Videos be set to open so they can be seen
so we can tell the difference between treasure hunting videos and spam before we click on.

I understand that. I felt that just the link was appropriate this time because seeing the thumbnail could ruin the surprise. Also, I figured that most people on here know who I am at this point and they know I don't post malicious links. In general, and in the future, I will let the video be seen in the post.

yankeesfan4life

May 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
I do like your videos quinn, but that's just advertising. Also, a game is not "look at a video for the answer".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread