2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A bill passed out of the U.S. House Judiciary Committee that Rep. Cynthia Lummis hopes will shed light on reimbursements of public funds environmental groups receive when they sue the federal government.
Lummis, R-Wyo., sponsored H.R. 2919, the Open Book on Equal Access to Justice Act, with Reps. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn.; Joe Garcia, D-Fla., and Doug Collins, R-Ga. After Wednesday’s passage in committee, the bill heads to the House floor. The bill was introduced Aug. 1.House committee endorses bill targeting environmental group lawsuits

Office Information

Washington DC Office
2433 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-2311
Toll Free: (888) 879-3599
Fax: (202) 225-3057
Cheyenne Office
2120 Capitol Ave., Suite 8005
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Phone: (307) 772-2595
Fax: (307) 772-2597
Casper Office
100 E. "B" Street, Suite 4003
Casper, WY 82602
Phone: (307) 261-6595
Fax: (307) 261-6597
Rock Springs Office
404 "N" Street, Suite 204
Rock Springs, WY 82901
Phone: (307) 362-4095
Fax: (307) 362-4097
Sheridan Office
45 E. Loucks, Suite 300F
Sheridan, WY 82801
Phone: (307) 673-4608
Fax: (307) 673-4982

Upvote 0
OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I sent a short Thank You Letter and a copy of WMA newsletter on Dr Alpers Despicable Acts of withholding data, will be also sending a copy of Lummis Bill HR2919 to McClintock and Lamalfa

sad that she has a bigger set then most of the male Repubs in DC

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Thankyou Rep. Lommis for standing up for America and Her people! Its about time that our elected representatives fight for our Country and her peoples rights! Now that's the kind of" true representation" our Country and people desearve and expect! She would get my vote!!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep political comments (insults) not directly related to topic out of forum...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sometimes intent of Congress is "good". The original bill that is suspect of being abused was actually designed for individuals like us small time independent miners. It was designed to help us correct wrongful actions of Gov agencies; by giving us monetary re-imbursement of court challenges we would prove to be an incorrect action by the Gov.

But the trouble is the "greenie" groups learned how to use the law to fund all their "lawsuits". Why do they (the greenie group organizations) always win.....and get their legal challenges paid for by the taxpayers? Well it boils down to the fact that Gov agencies simply can not follow their own set of rules (CFR's) derived from U.S. Code (Law). 99.9% of the time the Gov agency (such as the BLM and USFS) lose when challenged; and the court ends up being the 9th in San Fran.

Why is all this important to the miner and others that use the public lands? I don't think I have to explain. Locking up public lands and denying access to user groups like miners and recreationalists does not benefit those we read about on this forum. Rock hounding/treasure hunting/mining/etc occurs on the public lands under the admin of either the BLM or USFS. The mis-use (if you will) of the system designed to help individuals like the small time miners has a lot of merit. But it is evidenced that we small time independent users of the public lands have not been the ones benefitting from the current law.

I had to ask myself when I read the new proposal if it would harm us small time miners because we would NOT HAVE access to monetary re-imbursement should we challenge the BLM or USFS and win. But right now it appears the current law has not been of much benefit to us...as it is the other side (anti-crowd) who has learned how to effectively achieve their agenda in the courts: (locking up the public lands) IMHO

Guess we will want to see how all this goes down in the end!

Bejay

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well done! Looked all over for an email, guess we gotta go snail mail. Typical, first thing the Earth Guardian idjit does is deflect and spin- it's the only song they know.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
It is like a renter. He doesn't have any personal interest in the property other than to use it for his means. There is no equity for him in keeping the property up. You just lose your deposit if you break or destroy what you were using. Take what they can for their benefit and leave the garbage. Now this is to stop hopefully.

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Okay TH will bite my tongue,
you can e-mail your rep in your district, anyone else outside your district is snail mail
this is a must watch video

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
We can only hope that this will help pull the teeth out of the "Big Green Land Stealing Machine" in time. If it passes, it will offer that tax payers of this country a chance to see how the green groups have been robbing the country blind by abusing the laws that were put into place to help the little guys fight for justice. If they want to bring a law suite against the government, they should pay for it from donations from their supporters, NOT the tax payers money.

If we really want to see justice be done, we should press for a review of all cases where the EAJA was used to pay for the Greenies cases and if found to be out of line, they should be required to pay the tax payers back with interest. If not that then the law should be rewritten in such a way as to prevent abuse by any group.

It has been the users of our public lands that have suffered the most by the abuse of the EAJA by these groups and it comes as no surprise to me that something like this bill comes from a state with a very rich history of outdoor sportsmanship in all forms.

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Come on you miners, Write their local reps we may get some traction, this is our land not the enviornmentals

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
tried makin phone calls, Can't leave a message "sorry mail box full"
i am never sure if the rep ever gets to see the mail, since everythng gets a lookover before it gets to the reps desk

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
An amendment that is being looked at on this is if a person or organization has over a certain amount of money at their disposal then they will not be eligible for reimbursement under this program. So the little guy still has recourse and the big guys can just write if of as the cost of doing business. So the Big Green "non-profits" will be SOL since they make no "profit" they have nothing to write off "the cost of doing business" against.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread