Lets make it simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked where did they come from,don't beat around the bush.

Can you be more specific? Which thoughts, exactly, are you inquiring about? The brain processes billions, if not trillions of thoughts, all of them being generated from various sources. So, obviously, your question is rather broad, not nearly as simple to answer as you may think. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you be more specific? Which thoughts, exactly, are you inquiring about? The brain processes billions, if not trillions of thoughts, all of them being generated from various sources. So, obviously, your question is rather broad, not nearly as simple to answer as you may think. :thumbsup:
ANY of them.There is only a transmitter of thoughts we receive,just like a radio,we can only receive these thoughts we can not originate them any more than a radio can originate it's received signal,nor take credit for them,but,we sure can ACT them out!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANY of them.There is only a transmitter of thoughts we receive,just like a radio,we can only receive these thoughts we can not originate them any more than a radio can originate it's received signal,nor take credit for them,but,we sure can ACT them out!

So basically, you are suggesting that man, from the very beginning of his existence, has always been pretty much brain dead in regards to his ability to generate original thought? So, someone who is blind and totally deaf and without the sense of feel, cannot generate thought. Is this what you are expressing?

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
So basically, you are suggesting that man, from the very beginning of his existence, has always been pretty much brain dead in regards to his ability to generate original thought? So, someone who is blind and totally deaf and without the sense of feel, cannot generate thought. Is this what you are expressing?
How can you convey a message to people who are so adamant in being right!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How can you convey a message to people who are so adamant in being right!

Actually, your statement is presented as a conclusion that they are right. However, I fail to see how the statement even begins to answer the very complex subject you presented in this thread in regards to the many origins of thought. My question was simply an attempt to tap into your vast knowledge on the subject of where original thought is generated, and how. Was this something you got a masters on in college?

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, your statement is presented as a conclusion that they are right. However, I fail to see how the statement even begins to answer the very complex subject you presented in this thread in regards to the many origins of thought. My question was simply an attempt to tap into your vast knowledge on the subject of where original thought is generated, and how. Was this something you got a masters on in college?
I am NOT an intellectual,I was thrown out of High School in my Senior year,and,I am by now means "uneducated."Read Isiah 55:8.9,hopefully you will get it. I never said there were "many"origins of thought. All the knowledge in the world is useless unless you UNDERSTAND it.

Last edited:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Temper, temper WorldTalker. Your last thread got deleted because none of it made any sense. If you join a discussion then you have to expect people to use their education, research, and higher learning. Without those common grounds it is not a discussion...it is simply people throwing their opinions back and fourth senselessly (although, that does sound a lot like what we are doing now.) Knowledge is power. To think otherwise is foolish.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am NOT an intellectual,I was thrown out of High School in my Senior year,and,I am by now means "uneducated."Read Isiah 55:8.9,hopefully you will get it. I never said there were "many"origins of thought. All the knowledge in the world is useless you UNDERSTAND it.

So your general theory on the origins of thought are just religious based. i.e., So the conclusion is, if one possesses this same religious input he will understand the origins of thought, and if he doesn't, he can't?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quote from spart: "What, you don't think the so called good guys obsessed with guns and knives aren't as dangerous as the bad guys"
Is this the post that supposedly made so much sense?? This is such a great, pure as the driven snow statement that even the greatest of minds wouldn't attempt to respond to because it is the only sensible post? OMG! :) Even with my not-so-great mind I have to wonder why we are now talking about "obsessed" and "knives"?? Can someone practice a constitutional right without being "obsessed"? If you can't go to the church of your choice, are you obsessed with religion? If you can't speak up against your government are you obsessed with the freedom of speech? It's when the other side in any discussion starts throwing out words like "obsessed" and bringing up "knives" when they aren't even part of the discussion to make the other side look even worse than is being discussed that they really start losing credibility. Why not mention bows and arrows, molotov cocktails, poison, strangling, running over, swords, martial arts, hand greanades and anything else you can kill someone with. Are cops "obsessed" with their guns or are they just a tool used to protect themselves. Are they obsessed with their tasers and pepper spray? And yes to another question. I would definitely feel safer in a football stadium full of legally armed citizens than I would in a theater with one armed madman. That's a no-brainer even for not-so-great minds. You might want to stick to trying to be funny and avoid representing the anti-gun lobby. You make them look bad and obsessed.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
quote from spart: "What, you don't think the so called good guys obsessed with guns and knives aren't as dangerous as the bad guys"
Is this the post that supposedly made so much sense?? This is such a great, pure as the driven snow statement that even the greatest of minds wouldn't attempt to respond to because it is the only sensible post? OMG! :) Even with my not-so-great mind I have to wonder why we are now talking about "obsessed" and "knives"?? Can someone practice a constitutional right without being "obsessed"? If you can't go to the church of your choice, are you obsessed with religion? If you can't speak up against your government are you obsessed with the freedom of speech? It's when the other side in any discussion starts throwing out words like "obsessed" and bringing up "knives" when they aren't even part of the discussion to make the other side look even worse than is being discussed that they really start losing credibility. Why not mention bows and arrows, molotov cocktails, poison, strangling, running over, swords, martial arts, hand greanades and anything else you can kill someone with. Are cops "obsessed" with their guns or are they just a tool used to protect themselves. Are they obsessed with their tasers and pepper spray? And yes to another question. I would definitely feel safer in a football stadium full of legally armed citizens than I would in a theater with one armed madman. That's a no-brainer even for not-so-great minds. You might want to stick to trying to be funny and avoid representing the anti-gun lobby. You make them look bad and obsessed.

I still say them are kites in your avatar,can't squint enough.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont you know packer that the people that still believe in the constitution are now labeled as domestic terrorists or extremists.The DHS trains their members that the US founding fathers were terrorists.That the signers of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence were terrorists.It seems its against the law to believe in the law of the land.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Chadeaux: "Your meds. Take your meds. If you already took them, take them again because it's very evident the dose isn't strong enough. " In one breath you talk about people being ignorant and uneducated and in the next you make a statement you are totally unqualified to make. Have you earned the right to diagnose and treat the mentally ill? Or are just being ignorant and throwing out a prejudice statement that you know nothing about? Say what you want about the second amendment...that is part of the thread. If you want to attack mental illness or use it as an insult/weapon against others then direct those comments to me. I will be happy to educate you on any facet of mental illness that you like.

All: I saw a girl at the bus stop drawing with chalk on the sidewalk. I asked her to illustrate her opinion on the 2nd amendment. I the way back from work today I will take a picture, post it, and use that as a logical, scientific, statistical argument.

No attack, and I've been addressed with much more venom on many threads here and on other forums. Thick skin and clear thoughts make it easy.

I didn't attack the mentally ill, I'm from the south so I know about crazy. At least we don't hide it like the northerners do. As Lewis Grizzard once said: "We celebrate it."

Everyone has crazy people . . . mentally challenged for the PC folk . . . in their family tree. No biggie, and don't hold it against anyone. It's when folks go off the deep end to attack me that I remind them to take their meds. I don't care if it's pills or whiskey (my drug of choice, preferably a good sour mash like Jim Beam or Ezra Brooks) but I do advise to steer clear of the Everclear as it tends to make me mean.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Chadeaux: That post was before I realized we were on the same team. You are all good in my book. No worries on that one.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont you know packer that the people that still believe in the constitution are now labeled as domestic terrorists or extremists.The DHS trains their members that the US founding fathers were terrorists.That the signers of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence were terrorists.It seems its against the law to believe in the law of the land.

They must get excited over the civilian marksmanship program. kind of a conflict of interest.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
"They must get excited over the civilian marksmanship program. kind of a conflict of interest." Awesome, Releventchair is on our side as well! Welcome to the team brother. Plenty more space over here if anybody else wants to jump ship. Train pulls out soon, don't get stuck in the station.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
They must get excited over the civilian marksmanship program. kind of a conflict of interest.

Whens the last time youve seen the gooberment do something that made 100% sense?:sign10:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the post that supposedly made so much sense?? This is such a great, pure as the driven snow statement that even the greatest of minds wouldn't attempt to respond to because it is the only sensible post? OMG! :) Even with my not-so-great mind I have to wonder why we are now talking about "obsessed" and "knives"?? Can someone practice a constitutional right without being "obsessed"?
QUOTE]

Quite the opposite there :laughing7:

I called it obsessed when you post 100 threads and they are all about guns, or knives :laughing7: I'm pretty sure any doctor will come along and agree that it sort of reeks of obsession, or some other aliment :tongue3:

Think of it like this..

I love making babies, but I keep my fly up over 1/2 the time :tongue3:

Even at 50 percent that is almost obsessed, so would would 100% make it :dontknow: :laughing9:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually these multiple threads with, basically, the same subject matter, started after the recent shootings and the knee-jerk reactions of the anti-gun lobby and the politicians. Other than that, the second amendment was general conversation from time to time but it is now in the limelight and being discussed by the entire nation, and world for that matter. Does partaking in these discussions make a person onsessed? Did discussion of the "fiscal cliff" make someone obsessed with the subject? I won't even ask about being obsessed with knives; no idea where that came from if not to help sensationalize the post. Is there any difference between a nutjob with a gun shooting up a school and say a "RADICAL" Muslim terrorist dead set on killing every American? No, not really, but are we outlawing the Muslim religion? Wouldn't that solve the problem? Get rid of the religion like many want to get rid of guns to solve the problem? It's the SAME mentality. Take the Muslim religion away from everyone so that the radicals of that faith will go away. Get rid of guns and the nutjobs go away. It just doesn't work that way. What if the shooter had been a radical Muslim hollering how great Allah is while shooting the children? Would the gun still be the culprit or would our attention be on the religion? This is called "debate and discussion", not being obsessed with anything. btw.....what if I were to be "obsessed" with guns, knives and hand grenades? Would that present a problem if I never committed a crime with one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread