TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Upvote 0

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star
Without getting into a heated debate...

I would think wireless headphones would be unable to provide the necessary frequency response between 200 and 3200 Hz that all metal detectors use. Not to mention the 100ohms you need to hear tones and signals clearly.

I'm sure there is someone out there who knows a little more then I do.. This is just my rule of thumb.
Who knows what you might be missing?

Here's an intresting link.. http://www.detectorpro.com/Compatibility.htm with more information.

ZoSo71

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bluetooth will send and receive, but not from a detector, yet. How are you going to control any extra bluetooth frequencies broadcast from the guy on his cell phone or another detectorist. It might be better not to gum up the works with more plumping.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a set that I won at a treasure hunt. I believe they were made by D-Tex. They work, but are rather heavy because they have a built-in FM radio in the headphones. There is a receiver that plugs into the detector with a wire that wraps around the detector shaft. You have to tune the FM radio in the head phone to a certain setting on the FM dial.
I tested the range on them and was very impressed. I threw them on and had a friend go over a coin with the detector and could hear the signal a block away. Don't know what the benefit to that would be though. ???

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
WILL HEADPHONES HELP THE TONES WITH THE HEARING IMPAIRED....sorry what did you say, I'm one of those hearing impaired,

COULD YOU SPEAK UP A LITTLE

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread